- We are looking for a motivated person to become part of a fast-paced team here at the Digital Biology Center at Bio-Rad, where we're changing the world by pushing the boundaries of research and diagnostics with Droplet Digital PCR.
- Product development experience in the molecular diagnostics field is a must-have, as this role will drive new products and solutions using Droplet Digital PCR (ddPCR) systems and analysis tools.
- We are seeking someone with a strong knowledge of the molecular diagnostics marketplace and a demonstrated ability to commercialize products into multiple regulated markets.
- We need someone passionate and unwavering in their representation as the voice of customer on all products and projects – a product champion who knows when and how to go to the mat for the needs of the customer, and when to yield in favor of an alternate path.
- The molecular diagnostics market is evolving quickly with both internal and external forces that drive aggressive timelines and high expectations to deliver quality solutions to customers.
- We are looking for a product manager that can manage through challenges that arise in product development – timelines, technical risks, vendors, and shifting regulatory requirements – with professionalism and a positive attitude.
- The person filling this role will have the opportunity to drive both new product development and outbound marketing initiatives for a high- growth product line with clearly defined goals, objectives, critical success factors, timelines, budgets and action items.
- This includes translating voice of customer into product portfolio strategies and actionable requirements to bring new products to market.
- For outbound marketing, it means assisting in the creation of strategic global marketing plans including forecasting, market research, product portfolio management, sales training, product positioning, competitive analysis, and marketing campaigns.
- BS/BA in Life Science required; MS or PhD highly desired.
- Strong understanding/experience of genomicstechnologies, including PCR and qPCR; digital PCR and NGS experience are favorable.
- 3-5 years of product development and marketing experience in the in vitro diagnostics field.
- Must have a professional manner and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams.
- Ability to ask open questions and have strong listening skills.
- Requires demonstrated planning/organizational skills.
- Executes sound judgment, analyzes issues, thinks strategically, creatively, and uses innovative ideas.
- Demonstrates exceptional problem solving, decision-making, conflict management, change management and negotiating skills.
- Exceptional public speaking skills needed to represent corporation at external meetings, conferences and organizations.
- Able to present high level information for multiple audiences.
- Experience organizing and communicating technical information and training materials that meet customer and sales needs.
- Experience defining, establishing, and managing collaborations with researchers.
- The candidate will travel up to 25%, both domestically and internationally.
- Proficiency in the following required: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; SAPexperience is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Requisition ID 2018-6025