Bio-Rad Laboratories is looking for a highly motivated and assertive Senior Product Manager focused on growing the cell biology business that includes gene editing, cell counting, and cell imaging.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to market your assigned portfolio globally, own all of the end to end product lifecycle management, and develop the product strategy including future roadmaps.
The ultimate objectives are to raise revenue, improve margin, and gain overall market share. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in marketing with an understanding of how to apply it in the life sciences market.
- Lead the development of the business strategy, and execute that strategy effectively with the support of your partners throughout the organization.
- Understand the market trends, customer needs, and competitive situation to create compelling product and marketing messages and positioning across all channels.
- Collect the Voice of Customer, translate it to business cases and product roadmaps as needed, and champion it to internal stakeholders and regional sales and support teams.
- Collaborate with other global product groups to cross-sell the full Bio-Rad product and service portfolio to specific application and industry markets.
- Generate awareness and leads to support the sales force with a strong emphasis on digital marketing, experiential and event marketing, and content marketing.
- Develop a content strategy and communication plan to educate and convert customers as they move across their buying journey.
- Convey the value of your products, provide exemplary product training, and deliver powerful sales tools to the sales force to ensure their success.
- Collaborate effectively with various marketing partners throughout the organization to carry out, measure, and optimize marketing campaigns across all regions.
- Must have a solid foundation in marketing including market segmentation, positioning, pricing, marketing communication mix, and knowledge of marketing automation technologies, marketing analytics, and inbound marketing tactics.
- Strong business insight, analytical and strategic thinking, and customer focus are essential.
- Experience in leading without authority and working successfully in cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization is required.
- Must be organized, have project management and planning skills, and be an effective problem solver; Must also be creative, proactive, resourceful, and self-motivated.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills are required.
- A scientific background is required, and knowledge of the life sciences market is a plus.
- International and domestic travel is required (approximately 25%).
- Minimum of a BS/BA degree is required (MBA is a plus) with 5+ years of experience in marketing.
Requisition ID 2018-6341