Our ideal candidate will have worked previously as a Product Owner, Project Manager, Developer, and/or Stakeholder in a dynamic, fast-paced software development environment. At 2U, you will work with top-tier technologists to set the bar for educational technology.
What You'll Be Responsible For:
- Drive product development from conceptualization through launch, create actionable plans, work streams and tactics and execute on those in support of new product launches
- Conduct market research and make build vs. buy recommendations
- Provide leadership and tactical guidance to Business Analysts and Engineers
- Define and manage the product roadmap, setting expectations with all relevant stakeholders
- Communicate and refine requirements with development team and guide product design, implementation, testing and maintenance.
- Manage stakeholder expectations by delivering on product design deliverables
- Champion a strategic vision for your products with senior leadership
- Work cross functionally with teams across the value chain, including development, content, marketing, analytics, design, legal and ops.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the organization’s ability to meet its strategic, financial, and technical goals.
- Leverage data/analytics to make decisions, but know how to make the call when all the data isn’t there
Skills and experience:
- At least 4-7 years of experience in product management required
- Experience of direct management/ownership of a product including financial/ROI and strategic roadmap responsibilities
- People operations and management experience
- Experience building technology products that address complex business needs
- Demonstrated knowledge of end-to-end software development process (SDLC)
Experience in Agile Software Development Methodologies
- Proven ability to learn a product landscape quickly
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Judgement, vision, and drive to succeed
Our team is smart, ambitious, and hard-working. If you’re an innovative, process-conscious Product professional who’s interested in making a difference in the higher ed space, this may be the role for you.