PRODUCT MANAGER II (VAAS)
The Voice-as-a-Service International Product Manager role will support acceleration of NICE inContact Global Voice presence in new expanded markets. Interacts with Communication Service Providers (CSPs), OEM vendors, Telco Partner Resellers, Engineering, Operations, Management, Training, Sales teams (SE/Connectivity and Account Reps), Marketing, Sales prospects, and existing customers to guide new product development efforts of assigned products demands this role to own.
The Product Manager is responsible for creating the concepts, requirements, product marketing materials, and a variety of analyses for new products and product improvements.
This role provides opportunity to make an immediate impact on both our short-term deliverables and long-term strategic goals. Requires leading matrixed organizations responsible for the development and lifecycle management of a complex product ecosystem that includes B/OSS systems, networks, DEVone partners, and telco partner resellers.
As a Product Manager II, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Develops and articulates market direction to align with NICE inContact vision and strategy for VaaS international expansion. Identifies market direction, what's important to customers, where technology and features are evolving and where the company can effectively compete.
- Leads the development of new products and product features by understanding the market, writing detailed market and product requirements, developing financial business justification, and championing the ask through leadership to market.
- Prepares and delivers presentations that include VaaS product line performance and product line development asks grounded in financial justification and business cases.
- Gathers and prioritizes customer requirements and benchmarks company products to competitor products to evangelize the VaaS portfolio roadmap.
- Subject matter expert for VaaS product line including competition, market dynamics, points of differentiation, value proposition, and quote to cash processes.
- Monitors customer and operational metrics for the portfolio and champions development, organizational, and process improvements in quote to cash processes to ensure a market leading customer experience.
- Creates and deliver product related training across all relevant organizational teams.
- Work with sales to assist with sales opportunities.
- Occasional travel for client visits, tradeshows, and sales support.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or 7-9 years Telecommunications experience equivalent is desired.
- 2+ years’ experience in product development and management for an established telecom and/or IT organization
- Technical background in data networktechnologies including Cloud Services, Ethernet, TLS, WebRTC, MPLS and VPLS as well as IP transit/dedicated internet access services
- Should have a working understanding of the technologies relevant to customers that buy our services including UCaaS, CSPs, ISPs, VoIP / VoLTE, Voice Codecs G.711, OPUS, WebRTC, Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking, and security.
- Requires leading matrixed organizations responsible for the development and lifecycle management of a complex product ecosystem that includes B/OSS systems, networks, DEVone partners, and telco partner resellers
- Experience working at a telecommunications carrier with a top tier global network is desired
- Demonstrated ability to understand and translate non-technical feature descriptions into structured use cases, requirements, and specifications for technical audiences.
- Requires interaction with customers, prospects, sales, executive management, and technical engineering resources, adjusting communications to the situation and successfully understanding and communicating product capabilities and priorities to each audience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English including vocabulary, spelling, composition, and grammar.
- Driven self-starter; detail oriented, clear, logical thinker, technical thinker, bright and energetic.
- Works well in fast paced, high pressure environments with the ability focus on goals and objectives.