At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Product Manager I within PNC's Retail Lending organization, you will be based in any of the following locations Pittsburgh, PA, Cleveland, OH, Brecksville, OH, Downers Grove, IL, Dallas, TX, Houston, TX and Birmingham Al.
This role will join the Unsecured Installment Loan (UIL) product team, responsible for leading Origination and Acquisition strategy for UIL.
- Supports the execution of origination and acquisition strategies across channels and customer segments to optimize new business volume
- Completes basic analysis of industry, market trends, and third party requirements as necessary, in support of the development of new and existing origination and acquisition strategies. May help in business case development.
- Participates in and makes effective recommendations for the development and execution of new acquisition strategies. Supports in the management of the development, production, roll-out or promotion of strategies.
- Monitors fraud performance and risks/controls, participates in monthly QA reviews and operational meetings with partners
- May support in activities such as; monthly new business volume forecasting, underwriting reviews, credit risk management and analytics, credit policy simulation, P&L management, customer segmentation and behavior, and user design experience
- Partners with key stakeholders including sales, marketing, digital, credit risk, decision science and infrastructure, pricing, and other internal service partners. Participates and/or leads activities with internal and external stakeholders. Supports risk management, compliance and audit needs as part of the first line of defense.
The preferred candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Understanding of personal lending products
- P&L Management
- Decision, Data, or Portfolio Analytics
- Business Intelligence including competitive trends and analysis
- Strategic Prioritization
- Ability to align cross-functional stakeholders
- User or application design experience, focus in digital channels
- Working knowledge and/or experience with project management
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skillsJob Description
- Review, analyze and may be responsible for leading initiatives related to the selection, design, development and promotion of new or existing products utilizing traditional and emerging capabilities in technology, operations, and data analytics to offer customers a differentiated product experience.
- Participates in customer focused quality assessments and improvement processes. Leverages knowledge of emerging technologies to develop a business case, business plan, and roll-out for less complex products or initiatives through all applicable channels.
- Analyzes product, technology, and market trends and third party requirements as necessary, to develop and design innovative features of new and/or existing products or enhancements. Manages the development, production, roll-out, pricing or promotion of less complex products or initiatives, and recognizes, anticipates and resolves operational and process problems that arise.
- Works with internal and external partners including sales, marketing, digital channel delivery, and may participate in client-facing activities throughout the product lifecycle. As part of the first line of defense, supports risk management, compliance, and audit needs as necessary.
- Monitors and analyzes business results of recently introduced or existing products, coordinates reporting, and may recommend modifications to improve results. Drives business, financial and customer experience results for less complex products and initiatives and recommends modifications in product features and/or marketing to improve results.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management.
Business Acumen - Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Collaborating - Knowledge and ability to promote a culture of information sharing and working together to solve business problems and meet business goals.
Competitive Environment - Knowledge of and ability to utilize the processes, tools and techniques for gathering, analyzing, and communicating information about the competitive environment.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Design Thinking - Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and processes of design thinking; ability to utilize the knowledge in designing new products and services and even improving organizational operation.
Effective Communications - Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Emerging Technologies - Knowledge of and ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.
Innovation - Develops new ideas and initiatives that improve the performance of the organization.
Knowledge Of Product Line - Knowledge of methodologies, tools and techniques for specific products; ability to develop product line processes and strategies.
Problem Solving - Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Producing Results - Ability to utilize assigned resources and leverage back-channel resources (individuals or teams) to achieve or exceed planned outcomes.
Solutions Development - Knowledge of and the ability to assess customer needs and provide solutions for them.Work Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.Education
BachelorsAdditional Job DescriptionBenefits
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC .Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.California Residents
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.