$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
GCI's Product Manager II role is to maximize the success of the organization's product offerings by owning responsibility for product strategy, product development, and product lifecycle management.
· Document and distribute the product information necessary to ensure success of the functional groups required to sell, delivery, and support products
· Conduct financial analysis and develop business cases to drive revenue attainment
· Provide executive decision-makers with the reporting insights needed to drive organizational success
· Optimize product success across each stage of the product life-cycle by identifying under-performing areas and creating plans for improvement
· Integrate both financial and strategic analysis into a synthesized set of hypotheses and conclusions
· Draw actionable insights from market validation channels by collaborating with functional groups to solicit feedback from customer-facing teams and customers themselves
· Product Strategy – Market and technology research and trend analysis, idea intake and evaluation, product roadmaps, cross-portfolio collaboration, lifecycle planning, feasibility analysis and business case development, capital planning, network architecture planning collaboration, and collaboration with market segment owners to align market and product strategy.
· Product Development – Product project planning and execution, accountability for project success, risk mitigation and contingency planning, product requirements documentation, and go-to-market activities coordination.
· Product Lifecycle Management – Product margin and EBITDA optimization, product performance evaluation and life stage management, product performance scorecard reporting, advanced technical support escalation, product operations and quality management, and product knowledgebase content maintenance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Product Knowledge – Must possess an understanding of relevant product trends, technical platforms, and an awareness of legal, regulatory, and security considerations relevant to assigned responsibilities
· Market Knowledge – Maintain an understanding of market segmentation, trends, and demands
· Experience – Must possess subject matter expertise in technical, financial, and marketing principles relevant to assigned responsibilities
· Critical Thinking – ability to distill core components of complex problems into succinct and easily understood conclusions
· Analytical skills – ability to analyze problems and technical situations leading to optimal solutions.
· Organizational skills – the ability to develop the organization necessary to meet the group mission and to interface with other units within the company.
· Communication – both verbal and written. Must be able to articulate design and technical information in presentation format in front of internal and external customers. Mush have demonstrated confidence and poise in presenting hypotheses, conclusions, and recommendations to executive leadership
· Independence – Ability to function autonomously, assuming a great amount of responsibility, and demonstrating leadership on assigned projects with minimal direction
· Collaboration – Proven ability to collaborate effectively across the organization to achieve a positive outcome. Must foster inter-departmental harmony by promoting cross-departmental collaboration
· Organizational Awareness – Maintain a deep understanding of organizational core competencies and awareness of their impact on product launches and lifecycle optimization
Additional Job Requirements: This is a mid-level position requiring the ability to work independently while performing moderately complex and diverse duties under deadlines and operating constraints. The position will have ownership responsibility for complex, major tasks in addition to projects. This position may have ownership responsibilities for some product lines, including accountability for the ultimate success or failure of those products. Must have a comprehensive understanding of company operations, functions, and business philosophy. Increased product and market knowledge is expected, relative to more junior positions.
Essential Duties for this position:
· Product Lifecycle Management. Ensure quality management targets are attained by tracking adherence to appropriate metrics. Provide visibility to financial health of product lines by preparing reports of sales, marketing, and financial performance. Identify opportunities to optimize profit margin and EBIDTA. Analyze data to interpret and determine trends. Provide support to operational teams for advanced troubleshooting. Publish product performance scorecards containing relevant financial and operational performance metrics for executive audiences. Negotiate contract terms and maintain vendor relationships.
· Product Development. Assist with analysis and contribute subject matter expertise to product development efforts led by more senior product managers. Support Product Management staff with the documentation of product information and requirements.
· Product Strategy. Conduct disciplined market analysis to gather supporting data, identify trends, and craft actionable conclusions. Support portfolio leadership in the definition of 5 year high level product roadmaps and associated capital plan and operating forecast.
· Minimum of three years of experience in a relevant field required; to include
o Technology Sales and/or Marketing,
o IT Development and/or Operations,
o Software Development,
o Technology Engineering,
o Financial Analysis, and
o Data Analytics.
· Telecommunications industry experience preferred.
· Familiarity with common product development methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall is preferred.
· Product Management and/or Product Development experience is required.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Bachelor Degree in Business, Accounting, and Economics, Industrial Management/Engineering or related field is required.
· Or a combination of relevant exempt experience and/or education sufficient to perform the duties may substitute for the degree on a year for year basis.
· Certifications: Industry specific certifications, such as those from Pragmatic Marketing and/or The 280 Group are highly valued and may contribute toward relevant education and experience
Valid Through: 2019-11-4