Bio-Rad’s BioEducation Program develops lab kits, curriculum and equipment for the science education market. This position will focus on the marketing, development, support, and maintenance of products in the BioEducation product line.
- Conduct market research to identify customer needs.
- Analyze and dissect competitive information and customer data to determine market trends.
- Justify and define products for expansion of science education market.
- Develop market requirements for new product development projects including VOC, market opportunity, product forecast, financials, and product specifications.
- Work closely with R&D and manufacturing teams to provide marketing input on product design, and testing.
- Develop marketing campaigns to ensure successful market introduction and report on marketing efficacy.
- Work closely with R&D and manufacturing teams on product life-cycle management, including any product related issues including product backorder and performance requirements.
- Develop and maintain distributor relationships.
- Establish new contacts and networks in new markets and maintain and expand upon existing relationships in established markets.
- Understand, explore, and develop strategic and tactical plans for digital markets, including digital marketing solutions and web marketing.
- BA/BS in a life sciences field required with a demonstrated ability to understand advanced scientific concepts and to be able to explain those concepts to a teacher and student audience. An advanced degree (MBA, MS, or PhD) is highly desirable.
- The successful candidate must have a demonstrated passion for science education and will be a highly self-motivated and team-oriented individual who is excited to work as part of a dynamic, fast paced and highly motivated team.
- At least three–five years of experience in the life science or science education industries (marketing, sales and R&D), including at least two years product management experience, and a proven ability to deliver on commitments and to provide products which delight the customer.
- A life science research background with lab experience is highly advantageous.
- Teaching experience at the high school or college level is highly desirable.
- Experience in market research, product development or support in a biotechnology discipline is highly desirable.
- Experience in web marketing, social mediacampaigns, or CRM lead management systems.
- Ability to understand the needs of educators with respect to digital textbooks, digital teaching tools, and learning management systems (LMSs) and generally being digitally savvy is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams to build consensus, think creatively and solve problems.
- Demonstrated project management, planning, negotiating, and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated with good organization skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to think strategically and present high level information for multiple audiences, including educators, scientists, executives, and laymen.
- Experience defining, establishing and managing collaborations with KOL, PI, educators, and research scientists.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills able to represent BioEducation group internally as well as the organization externally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suites (eg. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and equivalents).
- The ability to travel up to 25% including over weekends, both domestically and internationally.
Requisition ID 2018-6086