Product Manager II-Deposits
Position Summary: The Product Manager II designs and implements product management and development plans that support the Bank’s overall strategic objectives. The Product Manager II is responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle; defining product vision; and working closely with sales, marketing, training and others to generate and preserve revenue, maximize profitability, and ensure customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Researches and develops new deposit, lending, payments or other financial services products, as assigned, from concept to delivery to the market, including product scope and evaluation.
- Researches, recommends, and implements product enhancements, pricing changes, and re-launch or retirement of existing products based on customer needs and profit potential.
- Manages documents such as pricing materials, product matrices and customer disclosures; analyzes or directs the analysis and communication of product trends, as assigned, through the use of dashboards or tracking reports; and prepares product management presentations.
- Tracks and regularly reports to Executive Management to ensure that assigned products or development plans continue to support the Bank's strategic objectives.
- Collaborates throughout the bank during all phases of a product lifecycle, especially including Marketing for the creation and review of marketing materials and promotional campaigns; Field Sales channels in the support and development of sales teams; Digital Channels for online and mobile product delivery; Training for the development or revision of product training material, courses and job aids for Bank employees; Operations for the development of back-office procedures and systems; and Information Technology for supporting hardware and software.
- Manages vendor relationships as required to ensure customer satisfaction, profitability and regulatory compliance.
- Manages specific ad-hoc projects and initiatives as identified by the Product Management Group Manager.
- Maintains and develops outstanding working relationships with key business partners.
- Provides input to Executive Management to analyze and set pricing for assigned Bank products.
- Maintains a current awareness of federal and state consumer compliance laws related to banking including but not limited to: Bank Secrecy Act (BSA/AML), OFAC compliance, Truth in Lending Act (Reg Z), Truth in Savings Act (Reg. DD), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA), Fair Lending, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, identity theft red flags, FDIC Rules on Non Deposit Investment Products (NDIP), FDIC Advertising Rules, Fair Housing Act, SAFE Act, CAN SPAM Act, Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, Mortgages Acts and Practices In Advertising, and Unfair, deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP).
- Complies with confidentiality regulations including Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and Non-public Personal Information (NPPI) regulations.
- Works collaboratively with the bank’s Compliance and Legal groups in order to ensure product compliance with applicable regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, And Other Skills Required:
- Five or more years of Product Management experience in a bank or other financial services firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and demands.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize work on multiple projects.
- Superior business, analytical and planning skills.
- Proficiency in all Windows applications.