How would you like to work for a great company that offers career growth and values your skills and experience? For over 150 years, Commerce Bank has built a strong reputation as a “Super Community” bank and is recognized as an industry leader. In today's growing and competitive financial services industry, we look for creative and innovative solutions to meet the needs of our customers. To achieve our results, we recruit the best and brightest employees who ask, listen and solve to meet our customers’ needs.
The Commercial Loan Product Manager is responsible for leading and coordinating the product strategy, development and management activities for Commerce Bank’s commercial loan portfolio. Scope includes all lending products within the commercial portfolio.
• Responsible for defining and prioritizing product requirements, aligning products with target market, risk and return parameters and working closely with senior leaders in sales and credit administration to integrate product strategies with Commerce Bank’s underwriting practices, credit policies, and business objectives.
• Facilitate and lead cross-functional teams consisting of sales, credit, operations, IT, and compliance to develop the strategic road map for each product. Act as centralized contact for each area referenced.
• Understand product requirements of a new Loan Origination System (LOS), and set up and design products to meet business needs and best leverage the functionality of the LOS.
• Define, monitor and report on KPI’s and specific performance criteria that are aligned with strategic goals.
• Work with Credit Administration to lead, coordinate and track product development activities, providing a holistic view of innovation activity.
• Develop core product positioning, reporting and messaging leveraging Pragmatic Marketing framework.
• Build relationships with sales teams to develop two-way communication channel and to solicit feedback or input on subjects impacting the commercial loan go-to-market strategy and day-to-day processes.
• Define external communication strategy to clients around loan requirement changes or other product related customer impacts.
• Determines impacts of operational or regulatory changes on revenue or loan generation.
• Stay in tune with industry trends and attend industry conferences/events.
• Interpret, communicate, and as appropriate, act upon findings from participation in industry benchmark surveys.
• Other specific functions include executive, board and senior management updates, strategic initiative tracking and engagement with ad-hoc product management or development requests.
• Work Hours: Monday through Friday 8-5
Characteristics: Self-starter with exceptional leadership skills and a consultative, collaborative leadership style. Strong analytical and multi-tasking skills are required, complemented by creative and strategic thinking. Excellent communication behaviors (verbal and written), interpersonal negotiating and influencing skills are necessary, including presentation and public speaking skills. Product development and project management aptitudes exhibited in prior professional experience. Foundational understanding of the banking industry and commercial lending required.
Education: College degree or equivalent experience required. MBA preferred.
Experience: Minimum 5+ years direct banking and/or financial services-related experience. Experience managing multiple initiatives, complex projects and cross functional teams. Specifically, experience in managing financial services products and/or managing a commercial lending function within financial services company.