Product Manager II - Biopsy
Job Description Responsible for providing product marketing and analysis support. Will be responsible for biopsy product.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
* Works with product users to increase the ability of Merit to improve products to meet specific customer needs by:
* Identifying problems not met by existing products.
* Discussing possible changes in product specifications based upon the unique needs of an individual customer.
* Coordinating with Sales staff to identify customers with possible customized needs.
* Working with manufacturing staff to confirm pricing parameters for products.
* Works with customers in coordinating Market Research Trials by:
* Identifying opportunities for adding accessories or improving product operation.
* Gathering information about product performance by observation of procedures, questionnaires, interviews and face-to-face discussions.
* Explaining product improvement needs to Engineering and Manufacturing staff.
* Evaluating overall product effectiveness and market potential.
* Evaluates new product potential by:
* Researching and analyzing the existing market and the products being manufactured by competing companies.
* Forecasting sales of products within existing and potential markets.
* Assessing the ability of products to meet current and potential needs.
* Trains sales staff in anatomy and physiology related to the clinical application and use of products, the various unique features of new and existing products, and the advantages and weaknesses of Merit products when compared to other competing products.
* Prepares and writes brochures and sales materials.
* As a team member, makes general recommendations regarding possible product enhancements to meet the needs of customers.
* Prepares a variety of marketing and sales forecasts.
* Works under broad guidelines and exercises considerable judgement in solving problems.
* May act as a team leader on various specialized teams and work groups assembled to resolve product problems, develop new products, or conduct market research analysis.
* Performs other related duties and tasks, as required.
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Educational experience equivalent to a Bachelors Degree in Marketing or related field.
* Work related experience equivalent to 3 years of product management and/or sales experience in the medical device field.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to manage projects efficiently and effectively and to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
* Good organizational skills and the ability to conduct clinical trials in an organized and methodical manner.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to act as a team leader when called upon.
* Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs
* Excellent presentation skills and the ability to prepare professional written and oral presentations and market analysis.
* Excellent market research skills and the ability to report research findings with high degrees of validity and reliability.
* Product effectiveness/market potential evaluation
* Market research/analyzing
* Sales forecasting
* Product assessment
* Brochure/sales material preparation and writing
* Problem solving