As a Product Manager at Thales you will help to ensure our achievement of roadmap objectives for specific functional areas in the product. Research market needs and articulates findings in the form of prioritized product requirements. Play a proactive role to ensure products remains competitive and differentiated. You will also represent the entire product both internally to the business and externally to our customers. You will also be involved throughout the product lifecycle, working closely with development teams from product initiation to delivery to eventual product retirement.
- Crystallize the needs of target customers and translate into technical product requirements
- Define product use cases from the perspectives of end users, administrators, and service operators together with the design and user experience team.
- Define agile feature roadmaps and releases taking into account diverse stakeholder needs
- Provide prioritized direction to the Engineering teams
- Agile product owner and product manager roles in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Maintain knowledge on customer eco-system, and competitive offerings to be able to deliver market leading products with sustainable differentiation
- Identify relevant technology opportunities for product strategy in collaboration with architects
- Define product packaging requirements including documentation, service level agreements, licensing, and list pricing.
- Know technical service and product capabilities beyond own functional areas, communicate their benefits and superior value, and support field personnel with solution ideas
- Validate product direction, and roadmap with key customers, technology partners, business development, and sales
- Maintain close relationships with lead customers and partners to develop deep understanding of customer needs and perspectives, and manage their feature requests and expectations.
- Work closely with customers, customer support, service operations, and sales, to resolve issues and problems that will affect product success
- Establish product requirements based on high-level business requirements
- Pro-actively contribute to product strategy definition
- Lead product management projects across functional product areas, and lead coordination with other product teams
- Provide product training to sales engineers and other technical field personnel
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5-10 years of prior product management experience, ideally with cloud services.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or a Technical Field (Computer Science, Engineering, or Equivalent)
- Must have a strong background and proven results in releasing enterprise commercial software or service products.
- Experience with identity security is desired (one or more Identity & Access Management, Multi factor authentication, Identity Governance & Administration, Privileged Access Management). Experience with network security-as-a-service in some form, this would be a plus (any one or more of software defined perimeter, software defined networks, software defined WANs, SASE-secure access service edge
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in an international and global environment
- Leadership skills in cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage tasks to closure, with cross-functional inputs
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to self-prioritize tasks and work across multiple time zones
- Ineffable taste for user experience design
- Ability to effectively converse on complex topics from solution concepts to technical details with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to transform strategic concepts into lean, and agile roadmaps that are valuable, understandable and viable to implement.