Ensures achievement of end-to-end roadmap objectives for mobile applications and corresponding cloud/server side functionality. Researches market needs and articulates findings in the form of prioritized product requirements. Plays proactive role to ensure the product remains competitive and differentiated. Represents the product as product manager externally to customers as well as internally within the company. Involved throughout the product lifecycle, working closely with development teams from product initiation to delivery to eventual product retirement.
- Crystallize the needs of target customers and translate into technical product requirements
- Define product use cases from the perspectives of end users, administrators, and service operators together with the design and user experience team.
- Define agile feature roadmaps and releases taking into account diverse stakeholder needs
- Provide prioritized direction to the Engineering teams
- Agile product owner and product manager roles in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Maintain knowledge on customer eco-system, and competitive offerings to be able to deliver market leading products with sustainable differentiation
- Identify relevant technology opportunities for product strategy in collaboration with architects
- Define product packaging requirements including documentation, service level agreements, licensing, and list pricing.
- Know technical service and product capabilities, communicate their benefits and superior value, and support field personnel with solution ideas
- Validate product direction, and roadmap with key customers, technology partners, business development, and sales
- Maintain close relationships with lead customers and partners to develop deep understanding of customer needs and perspectives, and manage their feature requests and expectations.
- Work closely with customers, customer support, service operations, and sales, to resolve issues and problems that will affect product success
- Provide product training to sales engineers and other technical field personnel
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5 years of prior product management experience including with mobile applications.
- Must have a strong background and proven results in releasing enterprise commercial software or service products.
- Good understanding of the security marketplace preferably in identity, authentication, or access management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in an international and global environment
- Leadership skills in cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage tasks to closure, with cross-functional inputs
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to self-prioritize tasks and work across multiple time zones
- Mobile mindset, and ineffable taste for user experience design
- Ability to effectively converse on complex topics from solution concepts to technical details with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to transform strategic concepts into realistic, agile roadmaps that are valuable, understandable and viable to implement.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- BS degree in one or both of:
- Technical field (i.e. computer science, engineering, or equivalent)
- Business field (i.e. business, marketing, or equivalent)