Angie’s List is seeking an eager and driven Product Manager to join our team in Indianapolis. ANGI Homeservices is the largest home services marketplace in the US; over sixty million homeowners have turned to an ANGI brand to find professionals for their repair and improvement projects.
As part of our Product team at Angie’s List, you’ll be responsible for the strategy, development, and delivery of best-in-class experiences that help homeowners find and hire the right professional for their project. With this specific role, Angie’s List is seeking a product manager that has a passion for growing interest in our brand and product suite amongst existing and first-time members. This role will require interaction with SEO, marketing and sales, while also having a strong overlap with other like-minded product teams. The end goal being, to continue to advance the collective Angie’s List product offering, with the intent of fostering stronger, more frequent, connections between homeowners and Service Professionals over time.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the product vision – if you don’t own it and believe it, who will?
- Work closely and collaboratively with your team of designers, Engineers and testers to build the best customer experience.
- Develop a keen sense of our customer’s needs as well as the competitive and market landscape.
- Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction and performance – specifically user attitudes and behaviors.
- Dig into the data until the facts are clear. Report your findings, and turn them into actionable items for the business.
- Author product specifications for proposed features and functionality as well as detailed product requirements/user stories.
- Exhibit good judgment in balancing considerations for size of opportunity, scope of development and support costs, risks, and end-user experience.
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrated leadership ability and potential for future growth
- A bias toward action: preferring to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- To constantly advocate for the user and their needs
- At least 3 years of relevant experience: consumer or B2B web product development, business analysis, and requirement writing
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment with a track record of working well with designers, developers, testers, marketing, and executives
- A track record of taking ownership over projects and helping them succeed: you make solid judgments, have good intuition, and reach decisions quickly
- A savvy balance of Independence and collaboration: You don't need to wait to ask for direction, but know when slowing down to create buy-in is critical.
- A sharp analytical mind: All your decisions are data-driven and supported by the data and research you’ve collected
- Comfort with basic quantitative and qualitative data analysis, and reporting on results.
- Strong collaboration skills: You strongly prefer working in teams, but you're comfortable working independently when necessary.
- Superior organization skills
- Self-motivation with ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable past success and career ambition
3 years:Consumer Web Product Development
Collaboration - Development, QA, UX