Product Manager I
Lives, and breathes consumer mobile solutions that delight users. Focused on the technical problems and the distinctive competencies for direct to consumer healthcare mobile offering. Supports Senior Product Management with all phases of new product development and management activities including defining business requirements, leading product development, implementing and sustaining the strategic product roadmap, pricing and budget models, competitive positioning and product design for both existing and next-generation product offerings.
These roles are inherently cross-functional – and require close work and collaboration with counterparts in product development, data science and data engineering, user experience, operations, program, and strategyto ensure all teams are delivering high-quality products that solve real market needs. Expectation is you can define a vision, and successfully articulate that vision to a cross functional audience.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, Collaboration and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Proven record of creating successful products based on a balance of user needs, business goals, and technical constraints.
- Concrete experience managing complex products (preferably in healthcare) through a product development lifecycle
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead teams and build effective working relationships with individuals and groups at all levels.
- Demonstrated project management skills including effective planning, organizing, and administration of multi-functional work responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize features and enhancements, and are data driven and a student of test driven design.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including formal presentations and the facilitation of group planning sessions.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize findings, prepare reports, create executive level documents and recommend solutions.
- Demonstrated track record in developing and managing highly successful products for healthcarepreferred.
- Experience with analytics, forecasting, and developing business cases.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve issues with diplomacy and persuasiveness.
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams.
- Ability to operate independently to navigate organizational complexities and to obtain resources needed to move initiatives forward.
- Ability to write executive level documents and make executive level presentations.
- Demonstrated excellent attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in parallel.
- Ability to learn new technology concepts quickly.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Mobile / Desktop software experience across top-tier platforms or relevant consumer software experience, if applicable to role.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology, project and product management best practices
- Strong understanding of web design/development concepts and processes, and industry best practices for ecommerce, if applicable to role.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
- The Product Manager I would have a BA/BS in Business Administration or relevant field with 4+ years' experience in a product management position in healthcare, or equivalent combination of education and experience. For technology specific roles experience in consumer-facing software & services or a start-up environment preferred.
General Functions & Outcomes:
- Manage the product roadmap and prioritization process, including defining the deliverables into discrete commitments (sprint planning).
- Directs the product management activities for products to meet business, market segmentation and financial goals.
- Produces product requirements for and interfaces and documents initiatives with marketing, UX, engineering and category management teams.
- Understands the target market and primary user needs for a product.
- Synthesizes business requirements from multiple sources including or may include customer segments, healthcare product experts, brokers, and sales teams into requirement documents and agile projectplans.
- Define the feature sets, and business requirements from multiple sources, focusing on measures of success, and product roadmap.
- Contribute to the long term product vision.
- May conduct market research by working with internal teams and visits to customers and other relevant companies
- Manage a products life-cycle from planning to tactical activities to cross company go to market planning.
- May specify product requirements in the form of functional requirements, user stories, wireframes, and their objectives.
- Define and drives the solutions across all departments including the development of companywide go tomarket plans.
- Collaborates with team to develop and deploy strategies for improving customer acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- Writes accurate and useful functional specifications for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ensures that all issues are identified, reported, tracked and resolved in a timely manner.
- No unusual working conditions.
- Work primarily performed in office environment.
- Travel required, locally or out of state.
- May be required to work outside normal hours.