Responsible for the development and management of marketing strategies pertaining to the Utility markets (Communications, Power, Cable TV, OEM). Responsible for development of new markets for existing products. Generate new product ideas and follow through with development, this may include establishing marketing policies such as pricing, promotion and handling field performance issues.
This position is heavily involved in the development and driving future growth in the Utility markets. In addition, this position will have direct reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing; the strategic product roadmap, product identification, application/specification development, product pricing, product launch, product marketing plans and business development strategies in order to gain maximum profitable sales growth from each product line.
- Provide detailed market analysis, business cases and marketing plans for current and new markets for both existing and new products.
- Assist customer service on product application, customer problems, and opportunities.
- Provide the primary communication channel with the Sales teams (domestic and international) and Product Specialists to drive profitable top line sales growth.
- Communicate with field Sales and Product Specialists to assure customers product needs are being met.
- Act as customer liaison to the business team in development of new products.
- Establish and implement market policies such as pricing, promotion and product line extensions.
- Guide new product development activities with the business team to assure customers product needs are being met.
- Develop expertise on all EMC platforms, how they work, how they are differentiated, how they bring value and how they help solve customers’ problems.
- Interface with customers, engineering, business operations, applications engineering, quality assurance, sales, distributors, resellers, solutions partners, analysts and industry consultants.
- Participates in industry standard committees to represent company interests and identify key technical requirements for products.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an engineering/manufacturing environment, preferably in the utility industry.
- Proactive, innovative, solution-oriented.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must have proven ability to meet project objectives and time lines.
- Must be a team player.
- Must possess strong ambition, drive and motivation to succeed.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% as needed.
- Global perspective and strong customer interaction skills are required.
- Direct experience with one or more of the following is highly desirable:
- Cable TV
Bachelors Degree in Engineering General or Business