Product Manager - Home Improvement
Home improvement is an industry stuck in the past. From tape measured estimates to back-of-the-napkin proposals and high-pressure sales tactics, it can be a painful experience. We’re changing the industry (for consumers and professionals alike) with a product that gives anyone with a smartphone access to detailed measurements and powerful design features for virtually any building in the world (check out a demo here).
We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit and have built partnerships with some of the best in the industry. We’re looking for a product manager to help us build on these relationships and extend HOVER’s value proposition in the home improvement industry in revolutionary ways.
WHO YOU ARE
You are collaborative and client-driven
You’ll be not only working with our existing team of PMs, designers, and engineers, but also with our partners. Building strong relationships across the gamut will be critical to your success.
You are empathetic
Our customers don’t live in San Francisco, and they don’t sit in front of a computer all day. But the prospect of immersing yourself in their day-to-day to understand their pain points and build the best product possible is exciting to you.
You roll up your sleeves
Everyone from our Founder/CEO down is a doer, and this role is no exception. You love doing the less glamorous work of a PM (digging into or cleaning data, writing specs and stories, and planning or evaluating sprints).
You are ruthless about prioritization
There are only so many hours in a day, and only so many engineering man-months on a team. You always know what the most important projects and tasks are and where the highest ROI is.
YOU SHOULD HAVE
- 5+ years defining, building, and shipping high-quality software in rapidly growing markets.
- Hands-on experience with popular BI tools and the know-how to ask and answer your own data-driven questions of user behavior and product performance.
- The ability to influence without direct authority across multiple cross-functional constituencies.
WE HOPE YOU HAVE
- Experience across both mobile and web platforms, as well as B2B and B2C go-to-markets strategies.
- A passion for 3D (including AR / VR) and a deep appreciation for how it can revolutionize the way our world works.