A day in your life as a Product Manager Home Equity:
Under the direction of the Manager, the Product Manager is responsible for actively managing consumer loan products by establishing and ensuring that short and long term plans are successfully met. If applicable or appropriate, assists in business unit’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act. In addition, this position is responsible for demonstrating the Excellence in Sales/Service (ESS) philosophy by participating in and practicing ESS disciplines and behaviors.
We’ll give you these important responsibilities…
- Tracks progress against annual product plan. Produces and disseminates monthly portfolio reports and tracks sales and management reports.
- Evaluates product features, pricing, rates and terms, recommends changes as appropriate.
- Gathers market intelligence on current and pending competitive offerings from both Bank and non-Bank competitors.
- Coordinates marketing campaigns and sales programs to support the front line in merchandising and managing the selling effort. Ensures the validity of internal and external marketing and sales aids. Provides in-depth product training to a wide group of constituencies.
- Monitors service level agreements with in-house and outsource service providers. Tracks vendor costs and reports issues and opportunities that arise
- Works with service and operations division, legal, compliance, and marketing units to draft marketing materials, streamline back office processes and monitor compliance to legal and regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the definition, documentation and testing of user fields for system conversions or enhancements. Validates the integrity of system changes and test plans and participates in the negotiation of system changes.
Bank of Hawaii
In 1897, Bank of Hawaii was the first chartered and incorporated bank in the Republic of Hawaii. We’ve been here from territorial days, growing and changing with Hawaii. Today, we are the largest independent bank in Hawaii – a result of knowing our business and community, and always staying ahead of change. We are constantly finding creative ways to deliver leading edge financial services to our customers. Now, we’re embracing change with our new 21st century banking.
It’s our people who help us succeed in offering first class service and products to our customers. As a member of the Bank of Hawaii community, you will be among the very best in your profession in an environment that places a high value on integrity, innovation and teamwork. People who are agile, savvy, forward-thinking and entrepreneurial can learn and grow with us.
Does this sound like you?
Are you ambitious? Want to make a difference in people’s lives? Do you thrive in an environment that leverages your abilities as a fast learner, good listener, and problem-solver? If you love challenges, relish complexity, and have moxie, consider applying your unique talents with a Hawaii banking leader – Bank of Hawaii. Here you can be at the forefront of whatever you do. Welcome to your tomorrow!
…if you come to us with these qualifications…
- College degree in business related field or equivalent work experience.
- Three years of banking or related experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of PC/Computer software, including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Other Job Qualifications:
- Demonstrated marketing skills.
- Ability to express information and ideas clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Must be able to provide own transportation or to operate a vehicle with a valid driver’s license, and ability to commute and arrive at intended destination in a timely manner and/or as required.
- Travels by air as required.