MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
40% – Strategy & Planning:
- Gains a thorough understanding of customer and associate needs, both existing and potential, and uses that knowledge to help deliver enterprise products that provide Home Depot customers and associates with an unparalleled shopping experience
- Translates business goals and end user needs into product strategy; communicates direction and product priorities to the development team, other matrixed teams, and third-party partners
- Identifies goals, metrics, and analytics to determine product value; continually making recommendations and refinements to the product backlog based on learnings
- Conduct end user research to help identify user stories and help determine Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Partners with Finance to understand financial needs and assists in the creation of business plans for new opportunities
- Monitors research as well as the competitive landscape to recommend the best solutions and ensure that products remain or become best in class
- Evaluates research and market analysis on industry innovations and technology platforms to recommend the best possible solution
30% – Delivery & Execution:
- enses complex technical concepts into non-technical language for stakeholders
30% – People:
- Fosters collaboration with team members (Engineering, User Experience Designers, etc.) to drive value and collectively identify and resolve impediments
- Acts as a proponent of modern software development practices
- Advocates for the end user and stakeholder by empathizing with and understanding user needs and becoming the domain expert
- Regularly works with the product team to continuously assess progress, disseminate lessons learned, and understand next steps
- Manages cross functional team and stakeholder expectations to execute on product strategy; provides education to requestors to determine prioritization based on tangible benefits and/or user experience
- Exhibit active listening, facilitate sessions, and clearly communicate at all levels (Executive Leadership Team, store associates, etc.) and in all formats the product s long term strategy which is used to prioritize short-term action
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to the Product Management Manager or Sr. Manager.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience working as a Product Manager in a modern software development based enterprise environment
- Demonstrated experience with modern software development product management practices and agile methodologies, specifically the extreme programming (XP) principles of paired programming, test driven development, and continuous deployment
- Experience working in a fast paced, fluid environment where priorities shift on a regular basis
- Experience communicating with and influencing functional and technical team members at all levels in the organization
- Experience working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional, modern software design and development team
- Experience creating, prioritizing and accepting user stories
- Experience conducting user research and testing to understand needs
- Experience identifying goals, metrics and analytics to measure product value
- Experience conducting competitive research and analysis
Job ID: 110729