This position is responsible for developing product strategy, defining product capabilities, and communicating the positioning of our IoT Hardware products – which include connected lighting fixtures, wireless occupancy sensors, environmental sensors, and a broad array of IoT devices – as part of our overall lighting and building intelligence solutions. This includes gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining product vision, and working closely with our engineering, sales, marketing, finance, operations, and professional services teams to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
Specific level/title of this position will be based on the applicant’s background and experience.
- Develops, justifies, and gains approval for Digital Lumens software & management product strategy based on detailed market, technology, and competitive analysis
- Develops detailed product/market requirements documents (PRD/MRDs) including warranty, service, and support requirements
- Provides technical, marketing and product positioning information for marketing materials and reviews collateral materials to ensure accuracy of technical information
- Supports product marketing and sales teams with technical and product performance information
- Manages beta and pilot programs for pre-production products and services
- Assists product marketing team with development and delivery of product and training presentations
- Monitors business performance of the IoT Hardware product portfolio, including product margins and inventory turn analysis, sales and customer pricing data
- Provides proactive analysis of new business opportunities
- Monitors utility rebate and incentive programs and develops strategies on how best to drive and take advantage of them for Digital Lumens’ competitive benefit (as applicable)
- Collaborates with engineering team and senior management to develop and gain commitment for future product roadmaps
- 5-10 years of software product management experience, with at least some time in managing hardware products and/or hardware components of broader solutions.
- BS in Engineering or other technical discipline. MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
- The ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams, well-developed communication skills and demonstrated ability to plan, organize and execute detailed and complex project plans within an agreed-to time frame
- Strong analytical ability and financial analysis skills
- Proficiency in spreadsheet and presentation software
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand new technology quickly