The Product Manager - Small Platforms and Devices will lead the market strategy and development of the Hamilton-branded small platforms and devices to yield profit and strategic performance consistent with company objectives. Must drive the development and marketing plans across departments. Will work closely with engineering, software and sales teams to ensure that the product(s) are competitive in the market. Guarantee that strategic directions, as established by the product road map and life cycle management are being completed in a timely manner. Work with the sales director to create product sales strategies, while creating long and short term product sales forecasts and analysis for management. Assists in the preparation of marketing communication objectives to market new product with sales, advertising and production teams. Ensure that the planning, development and execution tasks of new product launch, marketing plans, promotions, and project planning are within specifications and on time. Continue professional and technical education, attending workshops, seminars, etc.
- Drive the strategic direction of the Small Devices portfolio (Hamilton-branded and OTP) marketing plans to be implemented. The plans will include, but are not limited to, communication plans, budgets, selling and distribution plans and appropriate financial analyses. The person will analyze plans for progress, issue reports, and recommend adjustments to meet marketing and sales goals.
- Supervise the development process, evaluating the product progress, analyze risks and define the needed corrective actions to ensure the market success of the product(s).
- Drive the development of the product(s), working closely with Engineering and Software teams.
- Identify market opportunities for standard solutions that include the Small Devices portfolio in the different market segments and take primary role from functional requirements to product completion. Take primary responsibility for applications and external testing and data coordination.
- Ensure timely introduction of new Small Devices portfolio products to include sales training and promotions as required.
- Track sales and revenue performance of Small Devices portfolio products within specified market and recommend prices consistent with company costs and profit strategies and maintain acceptable profit margins.
- Coordinate the training of international dealers and distributors as needed and support them with technical assistance.
- Analyze product performance and market positioning and use this information to develop strategic marketing and sales plans. keep sales force informed on competitive developments and create counter strategies.
- Develop and manage beta plans for Hamilton and collaboration small devices inclusive of selection of beta customers; well defined goals for the beta customers selected; clear timelines and expectations of the beta plan; efficient and succinct communication on the progress of the betas and collection of relevant data that will support Go To Market strategies and collateral creation.
- Prepare on-year and quarterly rolling detailed forecasts for the Small Devices portfolio products and forward them to manufacturing and data processing. Base on these forecasts, manufacturing will ensure adequate sales inventory and control inventory costs.
- Monitor the system installs, performance of the small device, frequency of change requests on the released products in the customer base to ensure the product is meeting the market expectations.
- Monitor competitors, customers and market needs and respond accordingly.
- Plan and execute product development processes for all the new products and accessories, conduct product modification plans and execute them for existing products.
- Build strong, and collaborative relationships with OTP vendors to: gather demo product whether for product testing, engineering design or for product development purposes; with the assistance of purchasing, gain a competitive price, acceptable warranty period, on-site support from vendor when appropriate, etc. In short, work with OTP to gain competitive advantages in integrating the OTP products in combination with Hamilton product/platform solutions.
- Act as an advocate for continuous improvement and when appropriate manage projects to reduce costs or decrease development time/expense, support or sales time as it relates to the Small Devices product portfolio.
Education / Qualifications
- BS Degree in Science required.
- 3 plus years of science business experience and previous product marketing / development experience.
- 3 plus years of technical experience with automation robotics strongly desired. Prior sales experience in a related field will be considered.
- Must have good planning, budget, and customer skills, and be able to demonstrate them to an audience.
- Experience with capital scientific equipment is required.
- Prior product management experience is desired.
- Good project management experience is desired.
- Working knowledge and technical expertise in laboratory automation is a must.
- Must be willing to reside in Reno, NV and travel to fulfill duties required with the job.
- Must have good written and verbal skills.
- A good working knowledge of computers is a must.
- Diverse portfolio of exciting and innovative design projects
- Tremendous opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Commitment to sustainable design
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Benefit Package (medical, dental, vision insurance, paid vacation time, paid sick time, disability insurance, 401k, tuition reimbursement and much more)
- Solid Stable Company
- Drug free workplace.