You will be responsible for our primary customer user interface, the Lob dashboard, that drive the first interaction for all customers. The dashboard serves key user workflows such as sign-up, testing/exploration for our self-serve user segment and also serves our enterprise clients to help troubleshoot and track campaigns. You will manage the creation of new features, oversee UX improvements, focus on growth initiatives and partner with our PMs and stakeholders across the organization to drive innovation.
As a Product Manager for Growth, you’ll...
- Identify key drivers of growth to increase conversion, expansion, and retention and drive execution through iterative testing and learning
- Launch experiments to drive the growth of our self service customer base
- Articulate and validate your roadmap both internally with leaders and externally with customers and partners.
- Identify, prioritize, and deliver product improvements to increase usability and customer experience
- Leverage business metrics as well as meetings with customers, internal stakeholders, partners, and industry leaders to develop a perspective on how your product is being used and where to take the product next
- Drive UI and UX design, working closely with designers to build and test UI wireframes and interactive prototypes
- Drive process improvements that benefit the product management team at large
For this role, we’re looking for...
- 3-5 years of relevant product management experience
- Experience building onboarding flows and user funnels to drive growth
- Understand the art and science of growth and when to lean on numbers and experimentation over qualitative data and instinct
- Obsess about continuous product improvement based on customer feedback and data
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, with a talent for detailed articulations of problems we face as a business and how to solve them
- Strong preference for someone who has growth experience and has launched UI features
- Proven ability to motivate, lead, and collaborate with product design, engineering, and other cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to drive user research to help inform product roadmap and features
- Extraordinary written and oral communication skills, with an ability to handle both executive-level discussions and functional deep dives with engineering
- Fantastic problem-solving abilities, analytical horsepower, an attention to detail, and a willingness to do whatever it takes from an execution perspective
- Comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and able to keep up with the changing nature of start-ups