DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible and accountable for regular end-to-end delivery of customer value for both internal and external development teams based on communicated product roadmap.
- Directly manages and grooms product backlog.
- Identify and assess opportunities against business goals. Contribute to the prioritization of those opportunities with internal stakeholders and external partners to build and maintain the annual product roadmap.
- Manages driving a product through its entire development cycle, from concept to launch, with a strong focus on details but never losing sight of the big picture.
- Leads cross-functional initiatives required to drive successful execution of new product development activities.
- Partners with all internal departments to execute the new product or technology development cycle (IT, Engineering, Operations, Customer Care, Quality, Marketing, Finance, and Legal).
- Collaborates with key internal stakeholders to advise on product backlog, gather requirements and support product awareness.
- Acts as the “voice of the customer” and provides a business perspective on value during day-to-day development by synthesizing information from internal stakeholders and experts and outside perspectives as well as own internal knowledge and experience.
- Analyze and develop differentiation against key competitors by understanding market landscape, emerging technology, and customer needs, as needed.
- Works closely with select internal and external customers to gather requirements and assist Sales with customer presentations as the “product expert” for specific product offering.
- Supportsales, account management, and customer care with RFI/RFP boilerplates, training, tools, collateral, and knowledge bases.
- Builds and maintains relationship with third party product vendors to realize product value proposition, as required.
- 5+ years relevant new product development experience
- Undergraduatedegree in engineering, computer science, marketing or related business degree, MBA or MIS desired
- Demonstrated success in executing and directing day-to-day activities to meet objectives
- Clear passion about Gogo portfolio and ability to identify possibilities in our industry
- Proven skills to collaborate with cross functional teams, and able to influence other to support decisions
- Strong business, project management, and technical acumen is required
- Ability to be self-directed to solve business issues in defined product area
- Ability to make decisions about and prioritize own work
- Entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action, preferably with experience at a startup
- Creativity in managing culturally diverse customers, changing requirements and shifting priorities for product development
- Understanding of and experience working in an Agile environment is preferred
- Passionate advocate for our customers and the user experience
- Responsible for defining and delivering a suite of self-service tools and applications that enable airline partners to configure, maintain and analyze on-aircraft products and services that drive improved airline operational performance and new revenue streams for Gogo.
- Varies by specific role
- Decision making ability within defined product area
- Responsible for successful execution of team’s product development deliverables supporting corporate and global products
Gogo’s worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse group of technologists, marketers, strategists, and any other function you can think of- all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.
We connect the aviation industry and its travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared for a dynamic ride with people who are passionate about what they’re building.