At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than125years, we've brought new products andtechnologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics,medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
- Responsible for in-depth analysis on AV's product, competition and global market condition
- Create short and long term market models that are based on solid assumptions and provide strategic insights to influence management decision
- Publish insightful reports on AV global commercial performance relative to overall market
- Critical member of the Global Strategy and Analytics team, you should become respected as a thought leader and trusted strategic advisor to AV leadership.
- Critical member of Strategic and Operational Planning Process.
- Create and maintain annual and long range business models rooted in solid assumptions on business drivers.
- Enhance tools for market share assessment to better provide actionable insights.
- Create and distribute regular reports on competitive position, pricing and market trends. Explain trends and deviations from planned numbers. Give actionable advice.
- Drive participation from assigned geographies in business and strategic planning process in the region according to global / strategic marketing guidelines and in collaboration with finance and product marketing including development of market models.
- Work closely with commercial teams and Global Marketing leadership teams.
- Lead primary and secondary market research projects that answer key business questions, in collaboration with product marketing teams.
- Participate in Business Development and Licensing assessment projects.
- Seek development opportunities through the job itself, special assignments, training, or external activities.
- Ensure compliance in performing the training as required by the training procedure.
- Ensure compliance in reporting product experiences according to AV requirement.
- Medical device or related life sciences industry knowledge
- Strong analytical and market modeling skills
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Understanding of Coronary & Endovascular products & related therapies
- Leadership skills
- Focus on insights
- Excellent communication & influencing skills
- Results-and performance driven
- Strategic and conceptual thinking
- Change management
Bachelor's degree plus 4-6 years of related work experience with a complete understanding of specified functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Advanced degree preferred. Comprehensive knowledge and application business concepts, procedures and practices. Uses in-depth knowledge of business unit functions and cross group dependencies/relationships. Is recognized as an expert in work group. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Has broad knowledge of various technical alternatives and their potential impact on the business.
Market Development and Research
United States > Santa Clara : Building B - SC Floor-3
Yes,20% of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an8hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.