In this role, you have the opportunity to work with a cutting edge product line - IGT Devices is part of the Philips Image Guided Therapy (IGT) business group.
The primary focus for you as the Global Product Manager, Physiology is ownership of the marketing design inputs (MDI) for all line extensions and new products within the physiology category, excluding software, for the coronary segment. This ownership includes product definition, feature prioritization (including defining the minimally viable product), global VOC, market research and intelligence (observational, qualitative and quantitative), and all marketing design control obligations that are aligned with the markets.
In addition, you will lead the global market plan (GMP) development for all product launches in their assigned product segment in direct partnership and support of the three major markets – North America, International, and Japan. This position must communicate with all areas of the company and will interact on a regular basis with their product segment counterparts in the markets.
You are responsible for
- Develop, own, and execute the strategic marketing launch plan for a particular product line or category (physiology) in close collaboration with the 3 major markets (North America, International, Japan) and relevant stakeholders throughout the Image Guided Therapy Business Group
- Enable and support Research & Development and programs running in late Concept & Feasibility through the PDLM Process, including goal setting, feature and function prioritization, and execution of programs
- Collect, implement and maintain global voice of customer (VOC) feedback to guide product development activities. Own and oversee customer input into the product development process
- Lead cross functional teams and support global colleagues to execute and measure product and campaign launches post-launch, to drive continuous learning and accountability
- Own all marketing deliverables identified in the design control process (PDLM), including launch forecasting, supply & demand, and retirement plans as warranted
- Nurture working relationships with global key thought leaders (KTLs) to provide product and portfolio direction, research as warranted
- Collect and analyze information on competitive product offerings, including features, benefits, pricing, regulatory, clinical and marketing status and own competitive marketing as needed, to maximize product line positioning and differentiation
- Analyze and report on global sales data and sales trends for assigned product line and all competitive products within the category, identifying variance to plan and where needed, driving plans to course correct
- Collaborate & support as needed, with global marketing counterparts, training & education, and Clinical Research teams on various topics including but not limited to clinical data, publications, marketing claims and marketing programs including but not limited to launch
- Serve as a consultant to sales team/markets, as warranted, to help solve complex technical problems.
You are a part of
Our solutions combine navigational tools such as catheters and guide wires with advanced software to help confirm the optimal treatment at the point of care: measurement technology, procedure-specific application support and on-board imaging and monitoring with improved anatomical and functional information to optimize therapy delivery. The IGT Devices organization consists of three segments: Coronary, Peripheral Vascular and Electrophysiology.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in marketing, business, biological/clinical science, or engineering, MBA a plus, 5+ years of medical device/medical products marketing experience. Medical device sales experience is a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must have good market awareness, understanding the global medical environment, and domain knowledge to effectively respond to global market concerns and provide technical support for products
- Able to convert product/customer feedback into valuable insights that can help drive the development of new marketing programs, and define and evolve the minimally viable product
- Ability to competently represent the Company at professional functions and customer meetings
- Excellent advocacy and persuasive skills both intra- and inter-departmental
- Proficient software skills across all standard office programs; Salesforce.comexperience a plus
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direction
- A healthy disdain for the status quo, and a willingness to question existing practices to identify better alternatives
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and be flexible enough to change priorities with short notice when necessary, and do what it takes to anticipate and meet urgent deadlines
- Sets a standard of ethics and excellence in alignment with the Philips General Business Principles
- Acts as an ambassador of professional standards, seeking continuous improvement in ways of working to drive greater efficiency and purpose
- Ability to succeed in a rapidly changing, agile environment where continuous innovation is requisite to success
- Experience working in a matrixed environment with distributed accountabilities and unclear precedents