A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Product Manager is a centralized voice behind Valmont Global Engineered Support Structures' strategy for the designated product(s) and execution, combining feedback from sales, marketing, business development, customers and prospects to lead the execution of product plans. This position is responsible for the overall coordination and leadership of the product line, including P&L ownership. Managing these functions are essential to product-line strategy and goal achievement. Specific duties include overall responsibility for product line stewardship, market and competitive analysis, and the formulation of strategic responses to market opportunities that present themselves.
In addition to product planning, this position will lead cross functional teams, including newly acquired companies to drive product development initiatives and ensure they are completed on time and on budget. This position works closely with Sales and Engineering Departments to develop new products and manage updates to the existing product line. The Product Manager understands customers' needs and clearly defines them. The incumbent knows the competitor's product line and is considered the company expert on our competitor's products in different areas of the world.
- This position reports to the VP GM, North America Structures.
- Ability to create and execute business plans and deliver financial results.
- Ability to establish and cultivate excellent working relationships with engineering, sales and operations.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems and take on large challenges.
- Ability to define market requirements.
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results.
- This role requires up to 30% travel (internationally/domestically), including overnight stays.
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Responsible for overall strategic direction, growth, profitability and customer satisfaction of the designated product line. Including strategic planning, product development and product launches for the product line as well as one to three year strategic and tactical planning.
- Together with the rest of the Marketing team, responsible for timely development and execution of product launch programs.
- Works closely with Global Sales, Engineering and Marketing to position products as the market leader.
- Lead new product cross-functional development teams, driving the executing of timelines for timely project completions.
- Focus on product growth in North America initially, subsequently expanding globally to ensure that product development has a global scope and reach.
- Defines market requirements for both current and planned new equipment.
- Provides competitive information to sales in order to assist in selling.
- Collects and analyzes marketing information including trends, opportunities and customer's expectations.
- Maintains current knowledge of emerging/advanced technologies in the marketplace, working collaboratively with engineering to identify potential new products that could be integrated into the product line.
- Plans and implements successful product launches in conjunction with product marketing and sales.
- Assists with developing marketing communications material to support new product launches as well as provides the necessary input for changes to existing marketing communications material.
- Recommends product line extensions, opportunities and eliminations.
- Assists in forecasting sales for operations planning.
- Provides equipment product management support for international, ensuring that international is well-informed of decisions that affect international product offering.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or relevant technical field with 6+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 8+ years relevant experience or 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Extensive prior experience in the decorative pole/lighting industry.
- Experience defining product requirements through market research and interpretation.
- Strong strategy development skills, product roadmap development.
- Expertise in the use of influence, team participation, consensus building and dealer/customer/grower communication.
- Experience executing successful product development products and launches.
- An understanding of technologies that are currently utilized in the product line.
- Demonstrated knowledge of product management process.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Advanced Degree (MBA, MA, ME).
- Product management responsibility on an international scale.