5 - 7 years
Posted 54 days ago
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a Product Manager position available in the state of California.
Simplot Grower Solutions (SGS) Overview: The SGS mission is simple: "Delivering Solutions to Growers". With over 100 retail locations and a full line of crop inputs, Simplot Grower Solutions is your one-stop resource for agricultural supplies and precision agronomy services.
Ensure the long term success of the Diversified Products Platform by providing technical leadership, outstanding support, and strategic direction for a specific Sales Area. This role is pivotal in achieving ongoing Platform market and business objectives through product development, leadership, and innovation. The position will be responsible to oversee the cross-functional execution of activities for both wholesale and retail channels, as well as ongoing stewardship of Simplot proprietary product lines. This role is critical as Simplot Agribusiness strives to continue to be an industry leader by providing customer-focused products and services through the effective utilization of both human and capital resources.
* Responsible and accountable for achieving key product financial targets and sales goals as determined by Simplot Agribusiness Management. 40%
* Works with the Platform Director to develop strategic direction for Diversified Products. 30%
* Supports field personnel including Crop Advisors, Market Managers, Area Managers, and Technical Service Reps. 20%
* Responsible for development, education, and support of Platform in a specific geographic areas. 10%
* Five plus years related experience and/or training.
* Extensive agronomic knowledge, including in-depth awareness and familiarity with the current Diversified Products portfolio as well as an understanding of the competitive landscape is a must.
* Knowledge of the agricultural marketplace and retail industry including suppliers, geographies, manufacturing, and customers is required. Also essential to this position are the following
* Skills: Excellent communication, customer service, planning, and marketing.
* A successful Candidate is self-motivated and works without direct supervision, and possesses a wide network of strong external and internal relationships.
* Analytical ability to make recommendations and collaborative decisions for product line responsibilities on a strategic level is also required.
* Adheres to all standards, policies and systems as appropriate.
* Disclaimer - The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
* Combination of education, training and/or experience will be considered for this position.