We’re looking for a Product Manager for Search to join Team CarParts.com! As a Product Manager for Search, you will be responsible for the overall performance of our on-site search engine on www.carparts.com. Working from our Torrance, CA headquarters, you’ll work closely with our Merchandising, Web Analytics and Engineering teams to create the most relevant search results for customers shopping on www.carparts.com. You have the ability to process both high-volume and long-tail keywords in order to maximize website speed, conversion rate, and average order values at scale. You have a deep understanding of A/B Testing, Pre vs Post Testing, and can pinpoint what changes need to be made to the search algorithm in order to move the needle on the KPIs previously mentioned. You will also need a high aptitude for communicating between different teams and stakeholder groups, and you don’t mind getting into the weeds for a very granular data deep-dive.
- Develop a process to continuously improve on-site search relevance, search conversion rate, and average order value while maintaining an SLA for website speed.
- Utilize relevant reporting and analysis to communicate customer search trends and search performance.
- Conduct regular competitive analysis to identify best practices and recommend action steps for search results.
- Effectively merchandise on-site Search Result Pages in an effort to influence conversion rate and sales, while balancing with marketing initiatives and brand focus.
- Utilize all available data points; which include search term conversion, product attribution, left-navigation elements, images, inventory, pricing, margin, etc. in an effort to drive profitability for the website.
- Customize product attribution as necessary to enhance SERP, PDP and drive conversion.
- Analyze weekly selling reports to identify slow/no selling items and determine root-causes as it relates to search and make decisions to improve performance.
- Based on merchant input and competitor analysis, advise the Product Management team on improvements to the website search experience and report back progress on all search related enhancements.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 3+ years’ experience with B2C merchandising;
- 1 to 2 years’ experience working with developers and engineers for on-site search optimization (Endeca, Solr, Bloomreach, SLI Systems, Unbxd, etc.);
- Define user segments and create user-stories to properly prioritize website features and enhancements;
- Proven ability to run A/B testing, Pre vs Post testing, and other statistical analysis and using this data in your decision-making process;
- Expert with Microsoft Excel;
- Experience managing a large catalog (>1M SKUs) a plus;
- Prior knowledge in Automotive Aftermarket industry a plus;
- High integrity and solid personality, identifies problems and opportunities, determines root causes;
- Generates new approaches to problems or innovations to established best practices;
- Detail oriented and highly organized.