At C.H. Guenther and our subsidiaries we demonstrate high integrity, a commitment to excellence, and a positive attitude in all that we do. We are results driven, lead by example, communicate openly and honestly, value diversity and foster long-term relationships.
Charged with leading the growth of C.H. Guenther & Son's (CHG) stable of foodservice brands (Pioneer®, Conestoga®, White Wings® & Morrison's®), this position supports the Foodservice Distributor (FSD) Marketing effort by providing holistic and strategic Product and Brand Management.
Responsibilities include CHG branded business marketing leadership for key Zone/Region Sales Managers, Brokers/Distributors/Buying Groups/Key Customers; the interdepartmental coordination of new product development and product optimizations; pricing file management, and the strategic formation and brand analysis for business planning purposes as part of the annual operating plan and strategic long-range plan.
Through focus and discipline, the Product Manager – Foodservice Branded Business ensures the successful execution and delivery of consistent segmentation, targeting, and positioning of CHG's foodservice branded business across the foodservice channel and marketplace.
This role is also the primary liaison to Customer Service, Accounting, Production, Logistics, Purchasing, Research & Development, Culinary, Information Systems, and the complete Sales Network as the champion and steward of CHG's foodservice brands.Long-Range/Strategic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds and fosters the growth of brand equity via promotion, pricing, placement, and product management
- Conducts product and brand analyses for business planning purposes as part of the annual operating plan and strategic long-range plan
- Works internally with the Marketing team and external agencies to create, activate, and track relevant brand-building sales tools and initiatives
- Levers marketplace insights to provide strategic direction for brand growth across all relevant foodservice segments including the Regional Chain, Street, Non Commercial and K-12 focus areas
- Responsible for maintaining files and price books (Price Lists, Special Pricing, Etc.) related to specified sales regions.
- Collects and keys marketing information in the PLM system for CHG Brand products while ensuring GS1 compliance in collaboration with the Regulatory team and outside agencies/vendors
- Creates and maintains packaging designs for re-formulated and new products. Works with Purchasing on inventory and packaging.
- Develops nutritional, product reference, menu extensions, recipes and handling instructions for product and packaging formulations.
- Actively monitors and tracks branded sales performance and executes a dynamic SKU rationalization process
- Leads category management and levers Full Plate certification and best practices to promote the continued growth of CHG's branded product portfolio
- Conducts sales planning, including forecasting and consensus management in collaboration with Customer Service, Operations, Sales and Marketing
- Provides key marketing support to Zone/Region Sales Managers to include product, packaging, recipe, and menu extensions in collaboration with R&D and Culinary teams
Day-to-Day/Tactical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads analysis of all branded business RFPs including the execution of costing/pricing requests to set and make actions and recommendations as needed
- Primary contact for FSD branded case forecast projections on a daily basis. Coordinates with Sales to provide Operations with the most up-to-date item forecasts.
- Participates in the bi-monthly core meetings and champions projects as needed.
- Manages Dot Foods relationship to help drive sales growth while managing costs associated with distribution.
- Serves as direct contact with agencies to ensure media placements, press releases, photo shoots, advertisements, and other brand-building POS
- Key participant in the product development and commercialization process including packaging updates and enhancements
- Leads agencies and creates and maintains packaging designs for re-formulated and new products in collaboration with Purchasing
- Acts as the Sales and Marketing liaison to Production, Logistics, Research & Development, and Purchasing for product/package changes and introductions. Assembles information for packaging layouts and approvals in conjunction with agencies/vendors.
- Responsible for maintaining files and price books (Price Lists, Special Pricing, Deviations) related to specified sales regions
- Scopes projects, gathers data, analyzes information, and recommends solutions to business issues as assigned by the Director of Marketing
- Helps educate/train Sales, Brokers, and Customers to prepare CHG branded products including the creation of sales presentations and execution of marketing events
- Represents CHG FSD at trade shows. Attends food shows and helps to prepare booth, distributes, and promotes products.
- Participates in the daily Customer Service meeting to identify any CHG branded FSD product/customer issue/opportunity for the Sales and Marketing Department.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- B.A./B.S. required
- M.B.A. preferred
- Valid Driver's License
- At least five years of progressive growth within the marketing discipline. Preferred fields draw from brand management; product management; customer marketing; promotions and/or research/insights either in a B2B or B2C capacity. Foodservice experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Lives for the brand
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Equally comfortable working on teams and alone
- Passionate about food
- Likes to bring structure to chaos
- Is a blend of the analytical and creative
- Lifetime learner
- Keen project management skills
- Requires a strong ability to lead and motivate others
- Serves as a catalyst for change and has a bias for action motivating and engaging others to follow suit
- Works effectively and efficiently with diverse groups of associates and customers ranging from entry level to executive level positions
- Enjoys public speaking and presentations ranging from 1:1 to large group forums
- Manages multiple priorities often with competing deadlines
- No direct reports
- Requires functioning as a leader, including the training, instructing, and scheduling of work
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Office Environment
- Travel is required (approximately 5-7 days/mo.)
- Must be able to transport/carry up to 50lbs.
- Will demonstrate, promote and exemplify the Company's Core Values in People, Quality, and Growth