Product Manager – Flooring
Chemical Production Company
Ref: # 885
Chicagoland-Western Suburbs— Will relocate out of town candidate
Do you have strengths in product management and staff supervision? Have 5-7+ years of marketing/product management experience in flooring, building materials, construction/manufactured products or related industries? Huge opportunity for post hurricane construction projects. Candidate to work with high-end products and help company maintain its leadership. Relocation support provided.
Reports to Marketing Director-Global Construction Products. Candidate will develop and implement product strategies for flooring business to achieve 2020 strategic plan for Global Construction Products business.
- BA/BS degree in marketing, or other related degree (MBA preferred).
- 5-7+ years in flooring industry, building materials, construction/manufactured products, electrical or related industry, including product management & channel experience.
- Superior research, critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to gather relevant data and VOC & translate into actionable strategies.
- Works successfully, indirectly influences others, & delivers results in highly matrixed organization.
- Proven leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to: derive clarity out of ambiguity, troubleshoot & adapt to changing environment.
- High level of business acumen. Must be results and customer driven.
- Change agent with strong possibility thinking and bias for action.
- Able to travel up to 50% – 60%.
- Supervise 1-2 direct reports in a 10 person marketing dept.
- Develop multi-yearproduct roadmap for new products using market intelligence, customer data and technology assessments.
- Lead new product development and launches.
- Life cycle manage existing products, including share growth & market expansion strategies.
- Actively manage obsolescence.
- Identify new customer segments to target and new uses for products.
- Work closely with Project Manager and Integrated Marketing Manager to execute lifecycle management strategies
- Collaborate with supply chain, sourcing, R&D and operations on process/ product improvement and value engineering opportunities.
- Identify opportunities to expand product distribution into new saleschannels.
- Multi-channel and market pricing strategies for new and existing product lines.
- Ensure financial commitments and NPI metrics for the product lines are delivered.
- Participate in high profile customer meetings as market/product expert.
- Work collaboratively with Integrated Marketing Manager for new product launch plan development and execution.
- Oversee customer and end-user trend analysis, competitive analysis, product line health, Stage Gate and NPI metrics.
- Represent company as thought leader at industry events.
- Partner with20 staff in sales dept.
- Indirect accountability to Wholesale and Retail P&L. Manage the strategic marketing related activities according to the budget set forth by the Wholesale and Retail Flooring Business Directors.
Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities