FARO has a culture of innovation and an absolute commitment to reliability at all touch points. We encourage employee success by offering excellent benefits and a variety of career and training opportunities. FARO is completely focused on simplifying processes through innovation, integrity, teamwork, accountability and a friendly work environment.
The Product Manager – FARO Labs will be responsible for performing functions to plan, control and direct Labs USA activities to accomplish product development and financial objectives, making decisions based on conclusions for which there is little precedent. This position is based out of Exton, PA
This position requires:
- A minimum of MS or PhD is preferred.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering project management and additionally 5 years´experience in product management, preferrably in a start-up context.
- Demonstrated competence in new product development
- Track record managing multiple projects
- Knowledge in 1-2 engineering disciplines such as systems engineering, optics, electronics, software engineering, robotics, or else
- Strong communication skills, both upward, downward, and horizontal
- Selfcontrol and selfmanagement
- Success orientation
How you will make a difference @ FARO:
- Establish a strong link to FARO’s strategic partners in the US.
- Build collaboration with FARO Product Management teams in the FARO verticals through joint customer visits, ideation exchanges, problem discussions etc.
- Collaborate with R&D US members and projects
- Technological M&A support for US based targets
- Work with FARO sales teams to market new Labs results
- Create solutions for FARO and customers through local projects and via a bridge to FARO Labs EU
- Work with customers currently participating in Labs projects
- Develop strategic plans for the direction and control of product development activities for FARO Labs US
- Guide the definition of project proposals and business plans for innovative products that support the company’s growth objectives
- Review and validate problem reports, evaluate enhancement requests and determine appropriateness and priority of requests, based on expectations for user satisfaction and marketability.
- Determine process and create solutions to suit program and customer requirements. Schedule, monitor and report on the progress of enhancement projects.
- Promote cooperation and communication between the various groups within the division to ensure operational efficiency and division profitability.
- Communicate performance metrics; evaluate performance, Maintain harmonious employee/employer relationship
- Promote FARO, its products, services and relationships with key and potential customers.
Due to the confidential nature of the work, all essential functions must be performed confidentially.
Continuous lifting of very lightweight materials, some lightweight lifting, and occasional lifting of average to heavy weight materials of over 60 lbs. Occasional pushing, pulling, reaching, upper body and arm rotation and climbing. Some bending, stooping and standing. Continuous sitting. Occasional use of hazardous chemicals.
FARO has excellent benefits for you and your family. We not only care for our employees but also to their immediate family members. We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
- A competitive paid time off bank and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, life and AD&D insurance plans
- Pre-tax flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- 401K with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training opportunities
- Wellness fairs
- Frequent lunch and learns to help educate employees about various issues affecting their lives
- Other employee events.