We are seeking an experienced Product Manager to work out of our Lake Mary, FL or Exton, PA office. Relocation is not available for this position. The Product Manager will be responsible for formulating and implementing strategies to meet the market needs in the global Factory Metrology market. This includes collecting customer requirements, creating business cases, and developing and deploying commercialization strategies for products.
- An open mind for new ideas and methodologies
- Leading edge technology
- A dynamic team of engineering, sales and marketing professionals to work with
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, related field or equivalent experience; MBA in Marketing or equivalent preferred
- 3 - 5 plus years in successful product management experience in a high-tech environment.
- Experience with metrology technology is a strong plus!
- Experience with machine vision and automation is plus.
- Experience working on a global scale.
- Self-starter, independent thinker and works well in teams.
- Robust interpersonal skills with evidence of teamwork and collaboration.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with customers at all levels.
- Travel required including overnights and weekends. Trips include customer site visits, new product demonstrations, trade shows and other company facilities as required.
How you will make a difference @ FARO:
- Develop product strategy and product road map for 3D Manufacturing business.
- Work directly with customers to understand challenges and market opportunities.
- Create customer profiles and user requirements.
- Create application solutions and business cases for new product development.
- Create and maintain competitive analysis in market space.
- Support validation of new products, both internally and externally.
- Develop commercialization strategy and launch new products.
- Provide expertise for all the applications, hardware and software solutions in 3D Manufacturing space.
- Convey vision and direction to field and inside sales staff.
- Provide guidance to assist in preparing sales staff to effectively communicate product enhancements, value and capabilities as well as respond to customer issues and concerns.
- Identify and manage 3rd party partnerships.
Other duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform or assist with any departmental operations, as required or directed to maintain workflow and meet schedules and requirements.
- Maintain safe work areas and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to; integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
- Recommend revisions to control documentation such as product development process checklists, procedures and policy manuals. Make and distribute authorized modifications as required.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Speak and prepare oral and written communication clearly and effectively, fostering open communication, listen to others, and deliver presentations.
- Act with integrity, demonstrate adaptability, and develop self through learning and feedback.
- Convey a sense of urgency, persistence, and commitment.
- Think strategically, analyze issues, use sound judgment, and innovate.