Manage overall profitability and growth of automobile programs for assigned states. Adapt the standard product design to conform with the state(s) requirements, market conditions, define eligibility and underwriting rules, collaborate in the process of setting adequate rates and building retention strategy. The role will manage insurance product life cycle from design, pricing, implementation to maintenance.
- Responsible for profitability and growth of group of states. Exhibits proficient state management capabilities which include the ability to work in a dynamic and multi-tasking environment along with cross-departmental communication and collaboration.
- Develop, review and implement product strategies through the integration of the pricing, countrywide design, sales, services, underwriting and marketing functions to bring robust and healthy new business, while improve customer experience and retention with the existing customers.
- Analyze complex reports and work with actuarial team to implement appropriate changes in the pricing level and segmentation, underwriting standard, sales growth and claims handling to achieve corporate goals.
- Monitor the market place for emerging opportunities and identify competitor and industrial changes impacting the effectiveness of the current product offers and pricing position.
- Exhibits accountability and ownership of states and projects, and manage the project function appropriately to deliver accurate and timely implementation.
- Collaborate with various functional teams to optimize the effectiveness of product programs while maintaining compliance within the states. Respond to the department of insurance for rate filings, or assist in data call, survey and market conduct examinations.
- Manage relationship with state insurance regulatory agencies and industry organizations.
- Manage Product Analysts and provide feedbacks and coaching for career development.
- Strong analytical, leadership, communication and teamwork skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex business problems, consistent with a deep understanding of the insurance product and rate making principles
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written with strong influencing skills.
- Highly developed quantitative analysis and project management experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor's degree in business, statistics, mathematics, economics, finance, a related field, and/or equivalent education required.
- 5 years of related experience in product management, actuarial pricing, risk management, consulting, or corporate strategy development.
- 2+ years supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience with project management required.
- Prior product management, actuarial, pricing, underwriting, operation, or other insurance experience a plus.
- Working with data repositories preferred.
At Esurance, being committed to our employees is not just something we say, it's something we do. Our benefits package is designed to help our associates stay healthy, meet their long-term financial goals, and balance the demands of work and personal life. Esurance rewards hard work, dedication, and creativity with competitive salaries and a generous bonus system. We are committed to our employees and we are dedicated to creating a diverse, positive, innovative and team-oriented work environment.
Health & wellness
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment coverage
- Wellness tools and coaching
- Group critical illness coverage
- Accident indemnity and hospital indemnity plans
- Group legal
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Identity Protection
- 401(k) plan with annual matching contribution
- Choice Dollars
- Referral bonuses
- Performance-rewarding bonus system
- Tuition assistance program (up to $5,250 per year)
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Commuter benefits
Family & community
- Adoption assistance
- Buckle Up Baby program
- Pet insurance discount
- Charitable gift matching
- Give Time, Get Time volunteer program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off (holidays, vacation, personal days)
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability (employee-paid option).