- Own delivery of the product vision and roadmap in close alignment with the business strategic plan.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders, market influencers & clients. Identify unmet market needs and provide outside-in market perspective to drive strategic product direction in alignment with business strategy
- Conduct market analysis and inform the business of what’s hot, provide competitive analysis and identify direct and adjacent business and market opportunities.
- Assist with business case definition, justification and validation.
- Provide overall user experience (UX) vision & perspective (not limited to industry) and oversee UX/UI activities.
- Provide clarity and guidance to project team on product vision, roadmap, features and objectives
- Work closely with business and project team to prioritize requirements, while managing scope and executing product delivery.
- Lead product release and launch activities, communications and adaptation.
- Assist product development improvement of standards and practices in the establishment of a best in class business ‘productizaton’ or program, technology and service solutions.
- Team with business stakeholders, project and product development resources on establishing and communicating priorities, managing conflict and taking a solution-focused approach to move the product forward.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience facilitating conversations and creating deliverables with the mix of stakeholders from customers to technologists, while uncovering true needs, problems and effectively working with the team to execute technology based solutions.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated product management experience bringing enterprise software products from vison, feature definition and value purpose to market or equivalent relevant experience.
- 2+ years’ experience functioning as a product manager for a software product or equivalent relevant experience.
- Ability to effortlessly and actively communicate with clients, business and technical stakeholders and resources.
- Ideal candidate will have delivered enterprise products securely, effectively and seamlessly operating in the ‘cloud’.
- Ideal candidate will possess experience in the legal services industry.
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong visual design sense and commitment to usability – UI/UX design collaboration.
- Ability to effectively influence and drive multiple product development projects in a fast paced & dynamic environment under tight timelines.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) and Agile /Scrum development methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems or a closely related technical field; MBA or other advanced degree a plus.
- Client Focus- Engages with the clients, both internal and external, and their needs as a primary focus; builds a sustaining collaborative and productive relationship with clients; seeks to understand client situations, issues, expectations, etc.; takes appropriate action to meet client needs and address concerns; implements or utilizes methods to monitor and evaluate client feedback; appropriately meets client needs without jeopardizing business outcomes or results.
- Results Oriented- Sets stretch goals for personal accomplishment and works tenaciously to achieve those goals; acts with a sense of urgency; takes the initiative on actions; establishes metrics to monitor progress and measure success; maintains focus by avoiding or overcoming roadblocks.
- Integrity - Behaves in an honest, fair and ethical manner; shows consistency in words and actions; does what he/she commits to doing; respects the confidentiality of information or concerns shared by others; is honest and forthright with people; carries his/her fair share of the workload; takes responsibility for own mistakes.
- Entrepreneurial Orientation - Proposes innovative business opportunities/ideas to customers and business partners; encourages and supports entrepreneurial behavior in others; demonstrates willingness to take calculated risks to achieve business goals.
- Decisiveness - The ability to make well informed, effective, and timely decisions even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; ability to make tough decisions.