Cox Automotive is seeking a Product Manager with experience managing product lifecycle and agile product methodology to join our Product team at Cox Automotive.
Who We Are + What We Do:
Cox Automotive’s Enterprise Channel Solutions provides our largest clients with integrated solutions for inventory, advertising, website and automotive retailing. We leverage our advanced technology and broad data to help our clients better engage and connect with their customers.
Within the Enterprise Channel Solutions product team, there is a strong client focus, building product-based solutions for top automotive brands. You will be responsible for both new product development and feature enhancements of existing products that could be owned by other teams. A successful candidate will be passionate about expanding our product functionality, demonstrate composure when dealing with demanding clients, and be comfortable talking directly with customers and internal stakeholders.
As a Product Manager you are a key member of the Cox product team, and are responsible for defining and prioritizing the product backlog in order to optimize customer value with the delivery of each development team sprint. You have experience managing a product lifecycle from inception through implementation. You can successfully deliver value to the customer by documenting client requirements, appropriately prioritizing a backlog, and accepting stories ready for release. You will work with core product team members to align client specific configurations with standard product code bases. The Product Manager must also possess a strong technical background in order to work closely with the Product Architect or technical leadership to understand and prioritize the architectural needs of the platform.
To be successful as a Product Manager, you are comfortable navigating organizational boundaries to develop an aligned product implementation by working closely with the Product Management team to ensure that product vision, roadmap, marketing and the backlog are all in alignment.
- Work closely with the clients, other product managers and Stakeholders to build the backlog
- Prune, prioritize and maintain the product backlog
- Collaborate with Engineering technical leadership to ensure key architectural roadmap items are woven into the product backlog
- Collaborate with other Product Managers to align backlogs across department channels
- Define the objectives of the features within the Business Backlog
- Participate in product team iteration planning, and coordination of content dependencies
- Become the primary source for user story details and priorities
- Accept stories into the product baseline using well documented acceptance criteria
- Ensure delivery of business value to our clients and Cox Automotive
- Lead and participate in various Agile ceremonies including Sprint Reviews, Stakeholder Meetings, Daily Scrum, Backlog Grooming and Retros.
- Participate in bi-weekly Community of Practice (CoP) meetings to enhance the discipline of Product Management.
- Actively participate in release planning
- Consistently manage stakeholder expectations
- Transparently and quickly address problems and successes
- Otherresponsibilities as defined by Director of Product Management
What We Look For:
- Bachelor’s degree within a related field of study
- 5 years of relevant experience within a software development organization
- Experience working in an Agile (Scrum) based environment
- Working knowledge of system infrastructurerequired to support website platform 24/7 availability, stability, and high performance
- Working knowledge of modern web development techniques (responsive, adaptive, AJAX, etc) and frameworks (HTML5, CSS3, SASS, jQuery, Angular, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the Java web technology platform
- Technical depth of understanding of platform level components including events architectures, messaging, and caching
- Understands business drivers and how those relate to software delivery
- Experience managing product lifecycle
- Understanding of Business Intelligence, enterprise reporting, and how to use data to tell a story
- Technical depth of understanding deep enough to fluently converse with developers
- Strong oral, written, and presentation as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Automotive industry experience is desirable but not required