The Product Manager - Emission Control (EC) is the overall champion and leader of the Emission Control products assigned to him/her and is responsible for achieving sales, profit and new-product goals for assigned product lines. This position is also accountable for identifying new product opportunities and implementing new product development/commercialization activities. This is a leadership role within the product design control stage gate process and any process changes affecting his/her product portfolio. This position requires a keen understanding of the business and competitive environment to ensure the development of new products offer a competitive advantage, provide leadership in automotive quality and meet company profitability goals.
This position is ideally located in Buffalo, New York. May consider remote work for the right candidate.
- Manage a portfolio of assigned Emission Control products through the entire product life cycle.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to establish annual and strategic plans for Emission Control.
- Lead functional teams assigned to execute strategy plan objectives.
- Achieve product line growth consistent with the Company's strategic plan.
- Development of the annual global sales plan in partnership with the Sales team.
- In tune with the voice of the customer driving activities within the company by interfacing with Sales, R&D, Operations and Engineering to ensure new and existing products deliver the appropriate levels service and quality.
- Champion new product development efforts through identification of new product opportunities that strengthen the product portfolio.
- Lead new product development teams ensuring new products meet target objectives on time and in budget.
- Takes ownership of all product related issues affecting the customer experience by driving problem resolution with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively meets with strategic OEM and Tier 1 decision makers to understand current and future market / technology trends, customer needs, competitive intelligence, gathering data used in new product and strategy plan development. Excellent presentation skills are essential.
- Protect pricing integrity by coordinating with the global sales team to ensure policies and practices in one market do not jeopardize another.
- Assist in the development and maintenance through periodic refresh a Market Share Analysis appropriately segmented by OEM, Tier 1, product and geography
- Maintain product leadership by driving new and existing product cost-performance characteristics.
- Act as the "clearing house" for all competitive information for their respective product area, including the benchmarking of competitive products.
- B.S. Degree in a technical field required (Engineering preferred). An MBA is highly preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience of Program Management or Project Management related work required.
- First hand product development experience is desired.
- Knowledge of the automotive industry and technical insulation fiber products is a plus.
- In addition, 3 or more years of experience in technical sales and marketing in the automotive industry or similar dynamic.
- The incumbent must possess strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills, including proven ability to work with and lead cross-functional, global teams.
- Must have proven success in meeting product or project objectives.
- This role requires a self-starter who is organized, energetic and results-driven who will lead and support new product, business and market opportunities.
- Proficiency in Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office Suite, financial statement analysis is needed, as well as advanced skills in spreadsheet data analysis.
- Demonstrated administrative skills for reporting, forecasting and objective setting and planning are needed.
- Travel is required domestically and internationally (30%).