Manage the roadmap for Emerging Tech within QBE for the Global Digital and Innovation Team. Understand the role of emerging tech in relation to the business problems and lead the outcome of solutions. Manage the pipeline of experimentation for the QBE Digital Labs.
- Constantly research and understand new technology (eg – blockchain, IoT, artificial intelligence); analyze these technologies and their impact to insurance and QBE
- Collaborate with business divisions to understand the role of emerging tech and practical applications
- Share thought leadership with team and the wider QBE around emerging technology and its application Support the Lab throughout the product delivery process with attention to the Agile ceremonies
- Collaborate with the QBE Labs development team to coordinate project resources
- Represent the end users by explaining/clarifying the requirements to the team and provide feedback on the stories developed; translate the expectations of the end users into User Stories.
- Provide critical thinking in analysis of business requirements to define features for product development
- Prioritize the requirements based on their business value; define the goals of sprints and releases
- Ensure that the Product Backlog contains enough items to be developed at all times.
- Participate in Change Management process to evaluate change requests
- Develop best in class user experiences with the UX/UI Design teams utilizing human centered design thinking and prototyping Managing complex stakeholder requirements to realize and deliver strategic vision (Heads of IT, business areas, architectural team)
- Understanding of key business functions and agile delivery methodologies to build credibility, trust and promote successful collaboration between business and technology stakeholders
- Communicate with the business users and stakeholders on a regular basis to provide feedback on progress of the implementation of the vision
- Regularly connect with the business users and sponsors to keep a check on business priority.
- Work with the business to identify applications of the emerging technology to business problems
- Create digital products that incorporate emerging technology; create testing plan for the emerging technology using the QBE Digital Labs to idea, prototype and develop against the product roadmap.
- Discuss the expectations and the pain points of the product with the business users; develop and communicate the vision of the product being developed.
- Manage budgeted resources by anticipating expenditures, accurately forecasting resource needs/costs and properly accounting for expenses to meet requirements and achieve fiscal responsibility
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 5 years relevant experience
- Passion for innovation, backed by a demonstrated ability to execute and deliver
- Agile expert with advanced knowledge on digital product management
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry best digital product management best practice
- Qualifications in related discipline (IT, engineering, computer science)
- Extensive post qualification work experience within high performing agile delivery environments
- Intimate familiarity with Agile/Lean digital product development principles and mindset
- Proven experience prioritizing and directing multiple product development initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Exceptional win/win negotiator within all levels of the organization, with strong relationship management and communication skills
- Extreme competence at managing and resolving conflict through influence rather than a reliance on role power.
- Strong analytical mindset. Leverages data to make product decisions
- Courageous change leader. Willing to think big and look for opportunities to challenge the status quo
- Comfortable pushing forward with less than perfect information
- Strong problem solver with a willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Occasional (approximately 5-10 trips annually)
- General office jobs: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is not substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Must be able to operate basic office equipment including telephone, headset and computer. Incumbent must be able to lift basic office equipment up to 20 lbs.