Together we are powering the future of Higher Education
Here at Ellucian, we are motivated by a mission. Higher education is facing a profound change what with the shifting demographics and cultural perceptions, combined with declining support and rising expectations. This is forcing colleges and universities to do more with less and that is where we come in.
As true believers in the power of education to transform lives, we are dedicated to helping all of our customers thrive—not just survive—by transforming their institutions from the traditional paper-based colleges of yesterday to the agile, connected campuses of today.
Working with cloud solutions built on a world-class infrastructure to powerful analytics that drive successful planning, we lead the industry in building enterprise solutions tailored to institutions around the world.
About the opportunity
Ellucian is seeking a Product Manager to join the Ethos Platform team. Individual should be innovative, hands-on, and driven to delight customers. Working closely with customers to understand emerging challenges, this person will drive new value and innovation in the Ellucian Ethos Platform.
The Product Manager will collaborate with Ellucian R&D to deliver high-value and highly reliable solutions, while engaging across Ellucian teams to ensure customer and product success.
Where you will make an impact
- Own the product backlog and roadmap
- Work closely with other members of the Ethos Platform Product Management team to align product backlog with strategic, partner, and technical currency initiatives
- Collaborate with customers to understand challenges and needs
- Write user stories to capture personas, value, and outcomes
- Prioritize development activities to continuously deliver value to customers
- Work collaboratively with R&D to build roadmaps and plan releases
- Monitor, evaluate, update, and prioritize Change Requests for inclusion in software releases and patches
- Provide vision and direction to the development team and stakeholders throughout the software development lifecycle
- Monitor Ellucian Community and internal communications (Slack, email) to assist customers and teams with understanding the software components and their use
- Develop and lead organizational readiness training sessions for new software releases
- Evangelize the product through in-person and virtual presentations and engagements
- Support the sales process with product expertise
- Collaborate with solution success team, comprised of leaders across all phases of the customer journey, to achieve successful customer adoption, value realization, satisfaction and overall solution health
What you will bring
- 5 years experience in Product Management or in comparable role
- Experience with enterprise integration strategies and APIs
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal
- Abiilty to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Curious, willing to ask questions and take feedback, and driven to delight customers
- Outcome-focused, with customer value always in mind
- Ability to simplify complex challenges and technologies into simpler outcomes and stories to drive shared understandings
- Able to confidently demonstrate products, and influence senior management, and other internal or external stakeholders
- Experience communicating product vision and decisions across geographically distributed teams
- Process-oriented decision-maker who relies on data
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities and work independently
- Ellucian SIS / ERP experience (Colleague especially) a plus
What makes #Ellucianlife
- Comprehensive health coverage: medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible time off
- 401k & Bright Plan - to help you save for the future
- Thrive Flex Program that allows you to contribute towards your health, financial or learning interests
- 5 charitable days to support the community that supports us
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups such as: Women in Technology, Pride and Go Green to name a few.
- Parental leave
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- We Foster a learning culture with:
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
- Professional development opportunities
Req ID: 2448
Hiring Type: Full - Time
Level of Experience: Mid-Career
Travel Required: 0%-25%
At Ellucian, we believe in the “power of together.” We embrace an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace, and believe that our differences help inspire a culture of acceptance that makes our company more collaborative and innovative. We’re proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other characteristic protected by law. We welcome you to come as you are!