Product Manager - Electronic Components
The Product Manager is the liaison/interface between Arrow's sales team and its suppliers. This position is responsible for developing, growing and leveraging supplier relationships to negotiate product pricing and availability and increase sales.
- Good Business Judgment – Learns quickly the process of: returns, quotes, delivery, pricing and special restrictions. Utilize management to assist in prioritizing their desk to provide quick and efficient responses. Identifies manufacturing problems to resolve delivery response issues and utilizes management's help when necessary.
- Flexibility – Works with management to overcome obstacles within a supplier and makes it transparent to the sales team. Prioritize and adjust to changing markets, customer demands and supplier changes. Able to deliver corporate directives into job with management guidance.
- Interpersonal Relationships – Able to offer some competitive solutions with management assistance. Follows up with sales daily quotes. Works with management, outside and inside sales to strategize on opportunities.
- Shows Initiative - Able to offer some competitive solutions with management assistance. Follows up with sales daily quotes. Works with management, outside and inside sales to strategize on opportunities. Gain back-end margin weekly by using supplier relationship.
- Delivers Results - Is able to handle multiple projects and tasks. Meets deadlines without close supervision. Able to turn quotes quickly. Generates sales growth from quarter to quarter. Works backlog to manage on time delivery. Meets all business report card requirements.
- Other key responsibilities: Meets Arrow's standards for ethics, punctuality, attendance, safety, policy compliance and professional appearance. Keeps a positive outlook and works well as a member of the sales team. Maintains understanding and product knowledge of the technologies and uses the tools and techniques for the job. Keeps learning about internal and external product information. Keeps up with some market trends and learns about the competition. Offers solutions and learns about data and product knowledge.
- MUST have experience with electronic components (semiconductors and passive components)
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to multitask and balance multiple priorities
- Attention to detail
- Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Intermediate to advanced Excel experience including Vlookup and Pivot Tables preferred
- Ability to analyze data
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate and present information
- Relationship building skills
- Arrow experience a plus