The Product Manager of Drug Discovery Research In vitro testing services is a marketing position responsible for the Safety Profiling Services, HTS, ADME and other testing services portfolio of Eurofins Pharma Discovery Services division that includes brands of DiscoverX, Cerep, and Panlabs. This role is ultimately responsible for strategy, marketing, portfolio management, portfolio innovation, business line revenue, market , pricing, competitive strategies, sales training materials and all aspects of direct marketing objectives.
The Product Manager of Drug Discovery Research Services - In vitro testing services will have some technical knowledge and experience with product management and in vitro biological assays and safety pharmacology used in drug discovery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Branding, strategic marketing, and leads nurturing of the Safety Profiling business
- Manages product lifecycle and participates in innovation projects of the Safety Profiling services portfolio
- Develops and executes global marketing campaign strategies and programs to achieve stated objectives regarding revenue and market including branding and multi-channel marketing strategies
- Maintains close interaction with sales organizations through training and active participation in the sales process, including customer visits, pricing tactics, and customer support
- Participates in strategic road mapping and recommends new products and services to the business team as part of revenue growth tactics and strategies
- Demonstrates solid leadership skills and ability to gain consensus and influence process
- Develops go-to market launch and communication strategy; executes related tactical plan and reports related ROI metrics of assigned portfolio
- Acts as lead voice of customer research, product and services definitions, product and services features, performance requirements and tradeoffs, product value proposition and business case for new services
- Performs quantitative and qualitative market analysis, monitors industry trends and competitive landscape with the ability to translate customer insights into strategic and tactical marketing plans
- Works with clients, business development partners, and thought leaders as well as inside the organization cross-functionally with sales, operations, and management to successfully grow the business
- Defines and drives all marketing activities including branding, messaging, and positioning across all channels that includes comprehensive marketing campaigns leveraging across channels to create the buyer’s journey
- Understands and defines competitive pricing strategies and sets pricing for the portfolio.
- Familiar with marketing channels – web, social media, e-commerce and marketing platforms, direct sales, distribution and experience on best practices to make these platforms successful channels.
- Has utilized systems for product management, pricing, portfolio management (e.g ERPs)
- Ability to utilize various databases and business intelligence tools for analytics of the portfolio
- Experience in preparation and implementation of presentations for sales organizations, customer presentations, and executive level presentations.
In addition to these core responsibilities:
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Owns the accountability and responsibility of delivering to client needs and timeliness
- Provides cross-functional support to other departments as required
- Adjusts work hours as needed to meet client
- Adheres to site employee health and safety (EHS) requirements
Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or related discipline and preferably within Drug Discovery Research
3+ years’ experience in strategic marketing and/or product management
M.Sc., Ph.D., and/or MBA preferred
Technical background in safety pharmacology, enzymology (including kinases and epigenetics), cell-based assays (including GPCRs, ion channels, and cell-based phenotypic assays), ADME, or toxicity preclinical studies as related to drug discovery preferred
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- STD & LTD, Company paid life insurance
- Dependent Care & Flexible Spending
- Voluntary Insurances available
- Paid Vacation & Holiday