- Developing product line strategies that meet customer needs while optimizing revenue and profitability to assure continuous market share gain and relevance in the targeted market segments. Product line strategy will consist of near term (tactical) and long term (strategic) elements, including new product development through OEM partners and internal resources, product life cycle management and product line productivity through internal platforming and outsourcing.
- Understanding customer and channel partner needs, industry requirements, product value in market, and competitive positioning.
- Identify trends and future needs within the market space and qualify them as potential business opportunities.
- Create and maintain detailed competitive product information.
- Lead new product development process through detailed product specifications (Market Required Documents), competitive intelligence and engagement of necessary cross-functional resources.
- Develop business cases (sales forecast and investment) and other appropriate financial analysis.
- Actively participate in and/or lead projects as assigned to maintain continuous communications among Engineering, Strategic Sourcing, Operations, Customer Care, Technical Support, Marketing, and Sales functions.
- Lead annual product line reviews for assigned portfolio of products.
- Evaluate internal and external data and present recommendations to senior management.
- Drive activities to ensure an on-going and robust pipeline of VAVE activities including category platforming.
- Participate in joint activities with the marketing organization including portfolio planning, brand strategy, pricing/discount strategy, customer research and marketing communications.
- Provide trade show support and participation.
- Define training needs and strategy for product line.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- An undergraduatedegree in product management, marketing, business or technical discipline is required. An MBA is preferred.
- 5 years or more experience in a product marketing or business role.
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Proven strategic planning ability and track record of supporting profitable business growth.
- Proven track record of conceptualizing and executing new product launches.
- Experience with product platforming and VA/VE activity
- Strong business and financial acumen (including understanding of return on investment, P&L Makeup, cost structures, budgets, etc.).
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to lead effectively across functions (operations, engineering, sourcing, sales, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Experience with product management for manufactured goods.