An experienced, passionate technical product manager to define, drive and scale core Edge Platform products of our flagship FogHorn Lightning Platform. The ideal candidate will work with customers, product team, and engineering to drive requirements and delivery of tools that enable scaled deployments. Example tools include data visualization, and IoT protocol simulation tools, and others to deliver distributed scalable edge platform.
To give you a sense of scale in IIoT, example customer solutions include a million elevators (or edge devices), a hundreds of thousands of fleet vehicles, or tens of millions of sensors.
- Prior experience in building and driving distributed platform products
- Some experience establishing product and business requirements for complex projects
- Deep technical experience building highly-available and scalable systems
- Passionate about Internet of Things (IoT), Fog/Edge computing space, especially around designing resilient and scalable products
- Great track record of working with engineering, and other stakeholders
- Work closely with engineers, data scientists, and tech services teams to develop business requirements, technical specifications, and implementations of the tools your customers need.
- Educate stakeholders about your product line, create a knowledge base and constantly iterate based on feedback from field.
- Create training, product, marketing collateral
- Deliver to release schedules by coordinating across cross-functional teams
- Be the voice of the customer, and ensure engineering understands and appreciates each feature request
- Manage and groom backlog, track deliverables, and ensure product meets acceptance criteria
- Define and analyze metrics that track the success of products
- BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent field. MS, PhD a plus.
- Minimum qualifications: industry experience: 7+ years, product management: 2+ years
- Track record of having shipped highly available enterprise products
- Enjoy working in a startup environment and building new solutions
- Self-directed, ability to identify and contribute to areas for improvement, work with a collaborative team