Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Product Manager – Offering Management Data Platform
Do you want to own the end-to-end customer experience of a world class data warehousing product? Do you want to design next generation data platforms? Do you want to design solutions for IoT? Does the prospect of solving the world’s toughest problems with data and analytics excite you?
If yes, the Teradata Offering Management team has your next career opportunity. Teradata is seeking results driven Product Managers for Offering Management of the Data Platform.
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes and has been rated the most powerful data management solution by leading industry analysts. Teradata employees enjoy state-of-the-art facilities that are conducive to a creative and teaming atmosphere.
As a Product Manager for Teradata’s Product Management team, you will help define the offering strategy within market segments, set detailed direction and priorities across functions and help translate market realities into an offering strategy for the Teradata Database. In addition, you will help oversee entire offering lifecycle and will be accountable for driving commercial results of assigned offering.
Interesting Work That You’ll Do:
• Define product vision and manage the product backlog for an offering
• Develop user requirements and business plan for an offering
• Develop market opportunity analysis, contribute to market POV, and monitor market trends to identify growth opportunities
• Define and deliver on innovative offering elements by determining customer requirements based on market analysis, target features / use cases, design plan, and design specifications.
• Monitor day-to-day execution of offering development by collaborating closely with functional teams in an agile environment
• Track progress against success metrics and escalate potential risks or arising issues
• Lead and facilitate project meetings, team coordination, issue resolution, and action item tracking
• Ensure offering management activities meet industry-leading standards, processes and controls for product release activities across solution suites
• US Permanent Residence
• Undergraduatedegree in computer science, business or related technical field
• 3-8years of product management experience in a software technology business
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to execute over the entire product lifecycle from Product Management perspective
• Ability to lead and facilitate project meetings, team coordination, issue resolution, and action item tracking
• Ability to create and own the offering product vision and manage the product backlog
• Ability to analyze competitors, do SWOT analysis, and estimate market potential of feature and product
• Work related experience with Databasetechnology is highly desired
• 3+ years of technical software development or cloud databasearchitectureexperience
• Working knowledge in one or more areas is highly desired: High Availability, Software Automation (CI/CD and DevOps), Database Workload Management, Database Optimizer / Query Optimization, Native Cloud Services related to Database Management, Query Performance, Extensibility (UDF, In-database Analytics R, Python), Geospatial , Temporal or IoT based Analytics, Database loading Tools and Utilities
• Have experience in the design, development or support of data warehouse solutions, gained in a pre- or post-sales environment at a leading technology vendor or end-user computing organization
• Experience in the application development environment (Teradata, Oracle, Vertica, et al.), ETL, Hadoop and Big Data Solutions, NoSQL and operational knowledge of third party GUI and data transformation tools (COGNOS, Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Informatica and others)
• Ability to lead and plan all aspects of cloud services, such as provisioning, monitoring, security, backup, support models and analytical services