Job ID: PAT000468
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. Visit LeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
Leica Biosystems Imaging, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
The Product Manager is responsible for defining product roadmaps and driving commercial launches of fluorescent imaging digital pathology product lines within the Pathology Imaging product portfolio of Leica Biosystems.
This role is ideal for an individual with pathology, immunology, or medical imaging experience and will involve both upstream product development, including gaining VOC to determine customer needs as well as downstream commercial marketing execution, effectively driving on time product releases and helping to achieve company growth objectives.
This position works within an energetic and driven team of Product Managers at the Pathology Imaging SBU, part of Leica Biosystems, a dedicated strategic business unit for the delivery of world-class solutions in healthcare and research for Digital Pathology, Cytogenetics, Clinical Microscopy and Image Analysis.
- Leverages DBS to meet goals and objectives
- Delivers results within the APD and multi-site QMS systems and processes.
- Advocate for the Business Unit in the Sales Units and the Sales Units in the Business Unit.
- Takes full ownership of assigned product lines including product roadmap; coordinating input from various stakeholders on market requirements.
- Gather the voice of customer feedback on product requirements.
- Define product requirements and supporting the development of project documentation.
- Determine business-case and feasibility for proposed product requirements.
- Collaborate with R&D to determine the investment required in product development projects and derive the project ROI from revenue and market models.
- Develop Revenue and Market Models that support the introduction of new products and existing products into new markets
- Develop and maintain a product roadmap for assigned product lines that is in line with overall strategic business unit strategy.
- Ensure that all relevant assigned project goals are met.
- Ownership of assigned product performance or related KPIs, where relevant.
- Ensure all individual product requirement specifications for assigned products map against overall strategic business unit strategy.
- Responsible for the provision of product specialism support to SUs, when and where required by SalesSupport and Marketing.
- Develop and communicate appropriate pricing strategy for assigned products.
- Responsible for the development of product-related marketing communications materials when required by SalesSupport and Marketing.
- Responsible for the development of appropriate customer support materials, incorporating user manuals and other customer training materials, in association with the various customer service units.
- Promotes new products/product releases within the company.
- Maintains an up to date view on market & competitor intelligence trough VOC and VOS to agreed targets
- Support the development and maintenance of appropriate market segmentation models
- Travel to support of Sales or Business Unit strategic initiative when required.
- Organization and chairing of Monthly Product Management Group meetings.
- Leading the preparation for and presentation to PPG on tollgates.
- Participation in daily management of R&D projects, face to face participation in Sprint reviews.
- Support the transfer from R&D to manufacturing of new products
- Engage with global Sales units to provide detailed visibility of the global assigned product(s) Sales pipeline to Pathology Imaging manufacturing sites for the purpose of minimize backlog and customer lead times.
- Train, develop tools and collaborate with Leica Sales Units to provide correctly configured orders to manufacturing sites
- At least 5years’ experience in a life sciences or clinical laboratory
- At least 2-3years of experience in Product Management
- Demonstrable and highly effective Clinical Imaging domain experience, especially in fluorescence imaging of molecular biomarkers in pathology tissue.
- Experience in providing solutions to all key Pathology Imaging Verticals
- Proven product relevant application experience
- Experience of working with Image Analysis product with a life science or clinical application.
- Experience of working with Clinical products in a Regulated environment.
- Experience of working with Regulated Clinical Manufacturing sites.
- Highly effective at training existing and potential Leica customers in the use and value of Leica products.
- Highly effective at training Leica Sales Units and Distribution Partners in the use and value of Leica products
- Ability to communicate effectively at different levels within Leica customer’s organization
- Effectively analyses completive companies and product performance and capabilities.
- Highly effective and demonstrable leadership skills
- Highly efficient and effective organizational skills
- Ability to communicate across various company disciplines
- Ability to communicate effectively at different levels within the organization
- Ability to translate large amounts of data into effective strategy and tactics
- A passion and enthusiasm for developing high performance and high quality products
- Highly effective and efficient verbal and written communications skills
- Experience working as part of a team
- Proven analytical /? problem solving skills and experience
- Capable of taking responsibility and ownership of tasks
- Ability to develop to tight deadlines and to deliver against set specifications and requirements to high quality and standard
- Minimum of BSc (or higher level degree) in life sciences or equivalent required.
- Academic qualification with domain exposure desirable.
- Accredited qualifications from a Clinical domain desired.
- Recognized business management qualifications desired.
- Up to 50%
- Pioneering - Driven by the vision of solutions beyond our present knowledge and by the ambition to be the first to discover them.
- High-end Quality - Consistently meeting our defined standards; measurable quality standards based upon our users’ ever-changing needs for precision, reliability and safety. State-of-the-art standards as users focus on the building blocks of life.
- Team Spirit - To appreciate that the Leica-Biosystems’ culture always has been a consensus-seeking way of spirited individuals working together. And, to create a unique environment of sharing, openness and respect together with our users, striving for extraordinary results – and thus the fulfillment of professional life.
- Dedication to Science - To really understand the nature of our users’ work and to transform their ideas and needs into innovative products. Moreover, being scientists ourselves, we share a commitment that involves some of the most fundamental and fascinating aspects of life.
- Continuous Improvement - To systematically increase the efficiency of all processes. “kaizen”, a new working method within Leica Biosystems, has quickly proven to benefit all involved, especially our customer, the user. In our daily work, Kaizen has become a way of life.