Job ID: ORA000265
Our purpose at Orascoptic is to assist clinicians in delivering better procedural outcomes through superior visualization. We do this by providing magnification with the best resolution, across the widest and through the deepest field of view.
Founded by a dentist in 1981, Orascoptic has been designing and manufacturing award-winning loupes and light systems in Middleton, Wisconsin for 30 years. Now a business unit within the Nobel Biocare platform of Danaher, we remain committed to establishing enduring customer relationships. Our goal is to have customers for life – from residency to retirement.
This position will manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities. This position is responsible for managing the product throughout the product lifecycle by gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with R&D to deliver winning products. It includes working with sales, marketing and operations to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. It also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company's overall strategy and goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Specify product requirements for current and future products by conducting VOC research.
- Work with the R&D team to prioritize, plan, and implement new product development activities.
- Work with operations/manufacturing to recommend product improvements/enhancements based on customer demand and market trends.
- Provide product sales forecasts to the Procurement/PSI team.
- Review and recommend product-pricing strategies and profitability goals.
- Continually review current product offerings and make adjustments based on gross profit analysis, ease of manufacturing, customer demand, competitive offerings and market trends.
- Primary resource for product-related information for decision support and for educating various parties on product-related issues.
- Provide product training and technical support to sales staff.
- Make presentations at sales meetings.
- Attend industry trade shows as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing.
- 5years minimum of progressive experience in product development in a manufacturing setting.
- Must be able to travel25% of the time.
- Experience in organizing, planning, and executing projects from vision through implementation.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams and create teamwork.
- Must enjoy spending time in the market to understand concerns and find innovative solutions.
- Experience in the medical, optical or dental industries a plus.