Job ID: ORM001066
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Product Management and Marketing, the Product Manager is responsible for the global strategic planning, development and execution of initiatives specific to our digital platform (inclusive of software and appliances) in the orthodontic space.
The Product Manager develops the forward looking product vision/strategy for the platform through well supported internal and external research and analyses. The Product Manager controls an assigned product line through its product life cycles to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives by performing the following duties:
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts market research and analysis to identify trends and develop product definitions/opportunities.
- Create well supported business requirements that can be used to create product specifications and user stories.
- Regularly prepares and updates business cases for products in development pipeline with emphasis on accurate global sales forecast.
- Provide commercial support for post-sale product issues.
- Develops and provides product training content and technical expertise. Owns all development of materials or mediums to support that effort.
- Produces competitive analysis and counter strategies for assigned product line.-
- Champion innovation in product line by identifying opportunities for product differentiation and increasing intellectual property portfolio.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and/or lectures (clinical in nature) to upper management and customers.
- Create and maintain product backlog and prioritize with cross functional and customer input/buy-in.
- Bachelor's degreerequired; MBA preferred
- 4+ years dedicated/category product management experience with demonstrated upstream product development within a toll gate process
- 2+ years’ experience in building business cases for new product category launches
- Class II Medical Device Experiencepreferred
- Engineering background and/or software development experiencepreferred.
Qualified Candidates will possess:
- Familiar with domestic and international registration process for Class II medical devices.
- Strong internal and external customer relationship management skills and ability to collaborate effectively with various functional groups, a demonstrated leader.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
- Qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and statistical analyses.
- Presentation & public speaking skills.
- Proven experiencing of managing products in various lifecycle stages.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Accomplished in developing highly accurate global sales forecasts.
- Strong strategic thinker with ability to execute on those plans methodically.
- Approximately 30% travel, international travelrequired. Candidatepreferred to be located in Southern California, USA.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Ormco Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.