Responsible for National Lloyds Insurance Company products within assigned product line or territory, including product development and pricing.
- Drive financial results including loss ratio, growth, underwriting profit as well as legal compliance which includes developing state level operating plans and establishing overall objectives for the states.
- Conduct financial analysis and analyze complex data sets to determine and anticipate industry and loss cost trends, seize strategic opportunities and recognize threats while balancing short term and longer investments.
- Create state level action plans for assigned territory that maximize growth and profit in a holistic view and execute them in alignment with strategic initiatives of the organization.
- Function in an autonomous and entrepreneurial fashion, aligning closely, and building strong partnerships with actuarial, regulatory, claims, legal and operations resources to improve profitability and overall business performance.
- A bachelor's degree preferably in business, mathematics or a related field
- Ideal candidate will possess a minimum of seven years' experience in Personal Lines product, pricing and/or underwriting.
- Experience successfully managing a P&L responsibility in personal or commercial lines insurance.
- Demonstrated leadership both up and down the corporate structure.
- Ideal candidate will possess a minimum of three years' experience leading and developing a team. Ability to think and act strategically; planning for the long term while balancing the short-term needs of the organization.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and documentation skills.
- Strong project management skills and drive-for-results mentality, with the ability to multi-task and make decisions in a business context.
- Solutions-oriented individual, with ability to think strategically and implement change.
- A team player with experience building strong relationships both internally and externally, and with a strong sense of self-initiative and desire to succeed.
- Negotiation skills to resolve differences while maintaining positive working relationships.
- Proven ability to cultivate an active network of highly visible external relationships in order to meet business and strategic goals.
- Able to effectively and independently conduct competitor analysis & gain an in depth understanding of market dynamics including competitor UW initiatives, rate level analysis, forms analysis as well as economic trends & emerging issues in the market.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state laws in order to make decisions regarding key issues & to identify opportunities to affect legislative change.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Highly analytical