The Retail Reporting product team deliver retail wide data and reporting functions that are delivered to internal solutions and external customers. As a Product Manager / Product Owner, you will work with Agile cross-functional teams responsible for both new product development and enhancements to existing products through the entire product lifecycle, from inception, through development and testing, to launch and support. You will define and prioritize product backlogs to optimize customer value and align with the Cox Automotive vision. You will collaborate and communicate with customers and stakeholders at all levels and across teams to drive initiatives to successful completion.
- Collaborate with 1 Agile product development / software engineering teams responsible for developing and launching platform application and components.
- Lead the full product lifecycle from research and design through development and launch.
- Work closely with clients and customers, other Product Managers, Architects, UX, Operations, Customer Support, and other stakeholders to build the product backlog.
- Proactively prune, prioritize and maintain the product backlog so that each successive iteration can be planned clearly and efficiently.
- Collaborate with other Product Managers to align backlogs and roadmaps across teams, departments, business units, and release trains.
- Define, prioritize, and clarify features, user stories, and testable acceptance criteria.
- Articulate business value of incoming work and tradeoffs between options to ensure teams have clear vision and well-define goals.
- Act as subject matter expert on products, services, and capabilities.
- Develop relationships with customers to better understand and advocate their needs.
- Collaborate with Architects to ensure products and services are secure, performant, and highly available.
- Collaborate with Operations to ensure appropriate monitoring, alerting, incident management, and problem resolution for products and services.
- Participate in product team iteration planning, release planning, and coordination of dependencies.
- Coordinate go-to-market activities with Sales, Marketing, Legal, Operations, Support, and other departments as needed.
- Lead and participate in various Agile ceremonies including sprint reviews, stakeholder meetings, daily Scrums, backlog grooming, and retrospectives.
- Ensure delivery of business value to our customers and Cox Automotive.
- Consistently manage stakeholder expectations.
- Maintain and improve professional and functional knowledge.
Preferred Skills /Experience
- Bachelor’s degreerequired or equivalent experience.
- Advanced degrees a plus.
- 5 years of relevant experience in a software development organization required.
- 3 Years as a Product Manager / Product Owner or equivalent experience.
- Automotive industry experience is a plus
- Experience product managing a customer facing reporting offering and/or business intelligence offering a plus.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Kanban) required. SAFe experience a plus.
- Experience with Agile productivity and management tools (e.g., Rally, VersionOne, Jira, Trello, etc.) a plus.
- Working knowledge of internet technologies and modern, cloud-based software architectures and components required. Experience with single sign-on (SSO), identity & access management (IDM, IAM), authentication and authorization, and application programming interfaces (APIs) a plus.
- Experience partnering with design teams and guiding UX a plus.
- Strong communication, planning, critical thinking, and organizing skills required.
- Must be able to analyze data, solve problems, make decisions, and continuously improve.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.