POSITION SUMMARY:The Product Manager leads the development effort by conveying the vision to the team, defining the product roadmap, defining the feature sets, and prioritizing it based on business value. The Product Manager works closely with the Product Owners and Engineering Team to move the product through the Software Development Lifecycle.The Product Manager is responsible for ensuring successful adoption of the product in the market. The Product Manager is responsible for determining which activities will produce the most business value and must aggressively determine which features of a product are most important, when they are developed and proper market delivery timeframes. The Product Manager is responsible for delivering the proper product to the customer.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collects and analyzes data on customer preferences and needs to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand. Conducts market research that will assist in driving feature prioritization.
- Spends time in new markets researching the business processes required of new product initiatives and in current markets, assessing functional enhancement prioritization. Lead role in defining customer facing business processes and product feature sets.
- Interfaces with internal and external partners and clients as a representative and subject matter expert for the product(s) assigned.
- Works closely with Client Services, Technical Business Analysts, and Designers to ensure client requirements are delivered to market. Measures and assesses client satisfaction with new product/project introductions.
- Owns vision and product roadmap and feature prioritization. Participates in establishing feature acceptance criteria and collaborative design sessions. Provides the team with definition, clarification and acceptance of features.
- Devise and evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data (such as surveys, opinion polls, or questionnaires), or arrange to obtain existing data. Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text.
- Other special project and duties as assigned
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid judgment, ability to negotiate, resolve conflict and collaborate are necessary
- Ability to prioritize among competing objectives toward the fulfillment of goals
- Effective communication skills are a fundamental requirement
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple accounts and tasks
- Ability to communicate up and down the management structure
- Proven goal accomplishment
- Ability to efficiently and effectively manage personal time to achieve Dealer.com's goals
Education and Experience:Bachelor’sdegree in Business, CompSci, Sales or Marketing with 3-5years ofexperiencein business management, market research or consulting environment.
- Previous software product management experiencerequired.
- Previous experience with Scrum or Agile methodologies strongly desired.
- Experience in the following software strongly desired: JIRA, MS Excel (Advanced), MS Powerpoint, MS Visio
- Familiarity with the Automotive Finance industry a plus.
- Must have excellent critical thinking skills - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Sound inductive reasoning required-- The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment where information must be readily digested, and decisions made expeditiously.