Responsible for the overall management of assigned product lines, including managing the product portfolio to optimize sales, gross margin profitability, and product assortment. Execute the product roadmap appropriate for the product lifestyle stage, and coordinate day-to-day activities for the product line across the organization.
- Provide overall strategic direction for assigned product lines, including development of three-year product plans.
- Drive new product development. This includes managing the NPD process, situation analysis (including industry trends, field and customer input, competitive gap analysis) to identify and confirm opportunities, positioning (product features and benefits, colors, pricing) and financial analysis (volume, price, costs, capital). Maintain a continuous flow of new products appropriate for marketplace requirements delivered according to the product launch calendar.
- Manage product portfolio including new product development and ongoing evaluation of SKUs for potential changes or rationalization. Use lifecycle analysis, distribution and movement data, market research and market share/industry trends to ensure portfolio has necessary depth and breadth while maintaining financial effectiveness. Manage SKU rationalization processes.
- Drive assigned product line to achieve gross margin targets.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate packaging and labelling for product.
- Develop pricing guidance tools and processes to maximize overall product line profitability, taking into consideration legal guidelines, product positioning, current competitive situations and long-term competitive standing.
- Be the focal point for all activities associated with product lines.
- Frequent communication with management, customers, field sales, headquarters and plant operations, customer service, and other associates involved in the day-to-day “run the business activities”.
- Work with Marketing Communications to confirm product claims and detail product features and benefits for the development of sales tools.
- Assist in defining the communications strategy.
- Ensure production elements (parts for samples, color chips, etc.) are delivered to meet launch timetables.
- Train Market Development Representatives and Siding sales organization and key customers on updates and changes to the product portfolio.
- Coordinate (in conjunction with Technical Associates) competitive product testing to support product development and selling communications including requesting competitive samples from the field and working with engineering to determine suitable metrics.
- As appropriate, effectively communicate learnings and implications to key audiences (Marketing Communications, Market Development/Field Sales, Customer Service, Operations).
- Interact with Market Development Representatives, sales organization, and Marketing Communications as necessary to support selling initiatives including sales blitzes, tradeshows, local events, customer visits, and flawless installation support.
- Interact with R&D and/or Engineering on code related issues.
- Ensure product installation manuals are developed, disseminated and maintained as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or comparable discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum of five years of business experience; three of which must have been in a Product management position.
- Experience in building products industry (exterior products) strongly preferred, especially with similar customer base (RSI distributors, home centers) and generating pull-thru demand by working directly with decision-makers and influencers.