The Product Manager of Content Personalization will lead the product vision and execution of all aspects of content personalization for ESPN.com and ESPN App. This role is part of the ESPN Product Management team within ESPN Technology and will be dedicated to giving ESPN users a better personalized product experience based on their sports interests and affinities.
The right candidate must be able to set and articulate a strong product vision that aligns with business objectives, and execute the plan to personalize ESPN products to perfection in partnership with Engineering, Design, Editorial, Marketing, Consumer Data Platform, and Sales. He/she will represent the Product team’s perspective on larger enterprise initiatives around personalization and consumer data, working with partners in other groups.
The candidate must be self-motivated and possess a strong data-driven mindset and have direct leadership experience working on consumer-facing products and conversion funnel optimization for a large, customer-facing Web site or mobile application.
The role is based in ESPN’s headquarters in Bristol, CT or at our New York city offices.
- Lead the product vision for ESPN digital’s personalization efforts, with Editorial, Engineering, Design, and Business teams
- Define the roadmap and execute on the development of ESPN’s personalization capabilities
- Continuously test hypotheses using A|B testing to optimize personalized experiences
- Define product requirements and communicates them effectively to stakeholders
- Work closely with Design, Product, Engineering, Content, Marketing, and Ad Sales partners on a variety of projects to drive usage and create delightful experiences for consumers
- Balance the priorities of a diverse group of stakeholders
- Provide transparency and recommendations on project trade-offs, understanding and coordinating dependencies across multiple teams with competing priorities.
- Facilitate the ideation and development of new features and functionality around ESPN’s personalization efforts
- Translate strategy and product vision into project deliverables with launch targets
- 3 years of professional experience in a consumer-oriented digital media company with direct Product Management experience
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge driving product development, preferably on personalization features for users
- Demonstrated proficiency in A|B testing, data analysis and analytical thinking
- High level of comfort communicating with executives inside and outside of ESPN, including strategic partners
- Familiarity and passion around consumer Web and native mobile platforms (iOS, Android, Windows, etc)
- Strong analytical skills using Omniture, Localytics, Tableau or related software
- High energy and capable of multi-tasking
- Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Experience with Agile product development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work cross organizationally
- Process driven and extremely detail oriented
- Passionate sports fan and regular user of ESPN products and services
- Experience using Omniture, Localytics and/or Tableau for KPI tracking and reporting